What to Do After Your Overtown Injury & Accident
If you live or work in the Overtown community in Miami and were injured in some type of accident, you should call the Overtown personal injury lawyers at Wolfson & Leon in Miami. Our Miami injury and accident attorneys have represented injured people from Overtown and throughout Miami since 1963 and we can help you too. Just call us at (305) 285-1115 for your free consultation.
Our Overtown wrongful death lawyers have assisted families and loved ones who have lost a family member in a fatal accident. We pride ourselves in our service to the community by providing free information and advice to our personal injury clients and the general public about what to do after an Overtown accident. Our Miami personal injury lawyers let people know what they can expect after a severe or tragic accident.Overtown
Overtown was designated as a “colored” neighborhood after the creation and incorporation of Miami in 1896. It was incorporated under the insistence of railroad tycoon Henry Flagler, when his mostly black American railroad construction workers settled near what would be Downtown Miami.
It is the second oldest neighborhood just after Coconut Grove. Overtown was a thriving center of commerce during its early years, hosting such places like the Lyric Theater which was completed in 1913. During the Florida land boom of the 1920s, Overtown was the home of one of the first black millionaires D. A. Dorsey, the owner of Fisher Island.
It was home to the first high school educating black students south of Palm Beach, as well as the center point of Community Organizing and mobilization during this era. That lead to the creation of Liberty Square, in what would later be called “Liberty City.” By the 1940s prominent areas like Northwest Second Avenue and surrounding neighborhoods hosted hundreds of mostly black owned businesses, from libraries, social organizations, hospitals, and even night clubs.
Speaking of nightclubs, Overtown was a center of night entertainment in Miami. At its height Overtown was comparable to Miami Beach itself, and it hosted many mainstream black entertainers like Count Basie, Ella Fitzgerald, Cab Calloway, Josephine Baker, Billie Holiday, and Nat King Cole.
Unfortunately, just as the 1950s came to close, Overtown suffered serious economic decline. Things like the construction of many interstate highways (such as I-95) and various urban renewal programs, fragmented the once thriving community, cutting its population size from 50,000 to 10,000 turning this prosperous area into a “ghetto” with many businesses closing and activity stagnating in the neighborhood.
During the 1990s and 2000s, the neighborhood has steadily improved with the renovations of the historic Lyric Theater along with revitalization and gentrification efforts supported by both the city of Miami and Miami-Dade County.
In the current year, David Beckham has secured land in the neighborhood for a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. Its current population is estimated to be at 10,029. Overtown still hosts many historic sites, such as Dana Albert Dorsey House, Lyric Theater, Greater Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, Mt. Zion Baptist Church, and St. John’s Baptist Church.Overtown Injury Attorneys and Car Accident Lawyers
The Overtown Wrongful Death and Personal Injury Attorneys at Wolfson & Leon represent people impacted by vehicle and auto related injuries and deaths in:
- Overtown Wrongful Death Claims
- Bicycle Accidents in Overtown Miami
- Overtown Miami Car Accidents
- Rear-end Car Accidents in Overtown
- Drunk or Impaired Car Accidents in Overtown
- Overtown Uber or Lyft Car Accidents
- Overtown Truck Accidents
- Head-on Collisions in Overtown
- Overtown Left Turn Accidents
- Overtown Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Overtown
- Overtown Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Cases
Our Overtown car accident lawyers and attorneys help injury victims and loved ones on exactly what to do after any type of accident and what they should expect including:
- Causes of Rear-end Car Accidents in Overtown
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Injury Accidents in Overtown
- What to Do After a Car Accident in Overtown
- Distracted Driving Accident in Overtown
- Car Accident Negligence in Overtown
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Overtown
- Car Accident Medical Treatment in Overtown
- Motorcycle Accident Evidence in Overtown
- How to Find the Best Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Overtown
- How to Find the Best Overtown Miami Car Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Injuries in Overtown
- Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Overtown
- Overtown Motorcycle Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Medical Doctors for Overtown Accidents
- Rear-end Accidents and Injuries in Overtown
Our injury attorneys in Miami help folks hurt in all types of accident cases. If you, a friend or a loved one were hurt because of the intentional act or negligence of someone or a company, you should consult a Miami personal injury lawyer. You should never be a silent victim.
Search out and find the answers you need to determine if there some person or corporation that may be responsible for your medical expenses, lost wages, rehabilitation bills, pain, losses and suffering. You owe that to your family and yourself.
Wolfson & Leon help injury victims who were hurt in:
- Slip and Fall in Overtown
- Premises Liability in Overtown and Miami-Dade County
- Overtown Gas Station Accident
- Trip and Fall Accidents in Overtown
- Medical Malpractice and Negligence in Overtown
- Miami Boating Accidents involving Overtown Residents
- Overtown Convenience Store Injury
- Slip and Fall on Public Property in Overtown
- Overtown Wrongful Death
- Slip and Fall on Private Property in Overtown
- Serious Injury Cases in Overtown
- Other Types of Slip and Falls in Overtown
- Cruise Ship Accidents in Florida involving Overtown Residents
An important part of our service to all clients is to educate and inform. Our Miami personal injury lawyers work diligently to advise clients and their families on the complex legal situations that may impact them in the future including:
- What to Do After a Overtown Slip and Fall Accident
- What to Do After a Supermarket Injury Accident in Overtown
- What to Do If You Are Hurt in an Overtown Gas Station Convenience Store
- Supermarket Accidents and Injuries in Overtown
- What You Should Know About Slip and Fall Accidents in Overtown
- Open and Obvious Defense in Overtown Slip and Fall Cases
- Slip and Fall Negligence in Overtown
- Walmart Slip and Fall Lawyer in Overtown
- How to Find the Best Trip and Fall Lawyer in Overtown
- Unreasonably Slippery Surfaces in Overtown
- Slip and Fall Injuries in Overtown
- How to Find the Best Slip and Fall Lawyer in Overtown
- Types of Evidence in Overtown Slip and Fall Cases
- Slip and Fall Failure to Warn – No Warning – in Overtown
- What the Store Should Have Done to Prevent Your Slip and Fall in Overtown
- Premises Liability Safety Rules in Overtown
If you have lost a loved one who was killed in any type of accident or incident, the Miami wrongful death attorneys at Wolfson & Leon can help you. Our Overtown personal injury attorneys can help you if you were injured because of the negligence or intentional actions of another person. We never charge any fees unless we make a recovery for you.
Just contact us at (305) 285-1115 for your free and confidential consultation. Make sure you and your family get the justice you deserve. Call us now and we can get to work for you.