Navarro Discount Pharmacy Mistake Attorney
Anyone picking up a prescription at the local pharmacist, such as Navarro’s Discount Pharmacy, can be a victim of a medication error. Mixed-up medications, incorrect dosages, and errors in directions can cause serious injury to victims who rely on these meds to overcome the common cold, lessen pain, or to fight a more serious health condition. Many times, patients are not aware that there is a problem until other health problems starting popping up.
If you have been seriously injured as the result of a Navarro Discount Pharmacist’s mistake, you should speak with a personal injury attorney. They can advise you of your rights and represent your interests. For a free and confidential review of your claim, contact the Navarro Discount Pharmacy mistake lawyers at Wolfson & Leon at (305) 285-1115.History of Navarro Discount Pharmacies
Navarro Discount Pharmacies was established in Havana, Cuba in 1940 by Jose Navarro, Sr. Political unrest pushed the Navarro family to migrate to Miami in 1961, where he opened up his first discount pharmacy store in what is now known as Little Havana. Navarro’s offers discount pharmacy and photo services. In 2014, they were acquired by CVS. They continue to operate under the name of Navarro Discount Pharmacies and have 28 stores throughout the South Florida region.Common Pharmacy Medication Errors
Pharmacists can make mistakes when they fill prescriptions. Some of the most common errors made by pharmacies include:
- Giving out the wrong medication to a patient – This may occur if the patient has a common name or prescriptions for several people are being filled at the same time.
- Mislabeling medication – Pharmacies that are filling many different prescriptions at the same time can make mistakes when labeling different bottles. Labels can be mixed up or there could be errors made when they are printed out.
- Wrong dosage – Patients may be prescribed dosages that are too high or too low. This can result from misreading the dosage prescribed by the doctor.
- Allergic or other reaction – Pharmacists should consider the patient’s health history to avoid prescribing medication that they may be allergic to. In addition, if a patient is taking multiple medications, a pharmacist should evaluate the impact that each medication has on the other. As an example, Coumadin should not be taken with aspirin, as both are blood thinners. Pharmacists should also consider is over-the-counter drugs, such as nasal decongestants or supplements, could adversely the patient’s health if they are on certain medications.
- Forgetting to discuss side effects – Medication can cause side effects. Some are normal and to be expected. Other side effects, however, may require a call to the doctor or an emergency room visit. If patients do not know what these are and their severity, they won’t know if there is a serious problem. They may not get help when they need to.
Patients who do not have the appropriate information that they need to take prescription medication can suffer serious, possibly permanent, damage to their bodies. If you have sustained an injury as the result of incorrect or missing prescription directions, contact the Navarro Discount Pharmacy medication error lawyers at Wolfson & Leon. Our personal injury attorneys defend the rights of clients who have been injured due to pharmacy negligence in many areas including:
- Attorney for Navarro Discount Pharmacy medication labeling error
- Inaccurate prescription directions resulting in serious injury from a Navarro Discount Pharmacy
- Serious injury due to mistakes in medication dosage by Navarro Discount Pharmacy
- Navarro Discount Pharmacy allergic reaction due to incorrect medication
- Lawyer for medication overdose error in a Navarro Discount Pharmacy
- Navarro Discount pharmacist medication inventory error attorney
- Attorney for Navarro Discount Pharmacy dosage error injury
- Wrong medication dispensed by a Navarro Discount pharmacist injury attorney
If you have been injured due to wrong or missing directions when taking your prescription medication, you should speak with a personal injury attorney at Wolfson & Leon. They will review your claim and advise you of potential options. We defend the rights of those who have been injured by a prescription error at Navarro Discount Pharmacy. If you have questions, contact the personal injury attorneys at Wolfson & Leon today at (305) 285-1115. We have offices in Miami, Fort Myers, West Palm Beach and West Palm Beach to serve you and your family.