How to Avoid Truck Accidents
The Miami truck accident lawyers at Wolfson & Leon are available to help you if you or a loved one is seriously injured in a truck accident in Miami or anywhere in South Florida. As officers of the court and in the interest of community service, our Miami truck accident attorneys also seek to educate clients, families and friends on how to best avoid a truck accident in the first place.
The avoidance of a truck accident requires efforts and contributions from both the truck driver and the rest of us. If one side or the other fails, then serious and possibly fatal results may occur.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there were more than 4000 large truck fatal crashes in 2015 in the United States. That was an 8% increase from the previous year 2014. In that same period, injury crashes involving large trucks exceeded 85,000. In crashes involving only property damage the number of truck crashes exceeded 340,000. It is obvious that we all should do a better job when it comes to large truck crashes in Miami and throughout the country.What You Can Do to Avoid Truck Accidents
Our Miami truck accident attorneys have represented truck accident injury victims in Miami and throughout Florida since 1963. Over the years, our attorneys have handled personal injury cases involving:
- semi-truck accidents
- 18-wheeler accidents
- commercial vehicle accidents
- tractor-trailer accidents
- commercial transport accidents
- fatal truck accidents
- jackknife accidents
Many of these truck accidents have taken place on highways, parkways and the turnpike. Our Miami truck accident lawyers have investigated and represented individuals who were hurt or killed in truck accidents that took place on local streets as well as on main thoroughfares such as:
- I – 95
- Florida Turnpike
- Sawgrass Expressway
- SR – 836
- Palmetto Expressway (826)
- I – 75
- Krome Avenue
- I – 395
- I – 195
- I – 595
- SR 7 (441)
After more than 50 years of representing truck accident injury victims in Miami and throughout South Florida our accident attorneys have come up with tips to avoid truck accidents.
To avoid truck accidents, truck drivers can:
- properly maintain the truck including the brakes; wheels; hubs; fluids; and tires
- perform maintenance on a routine basis
- have a complete and thorough understanding of the Commercial Driver’s License Handbook including all laws and regulations governing the trucking industry
- observe all legal limitations on the number of hours that a truck driver can drive per day
- stay in good physical health and avoid exhaustion
- avoid alcohol drugs or anything else that might impair the truck drivers’ abilities
- observe and obey speed limits especially on turns and ramps
- maintain proper braking distance
- avoid or be extra careful in adverse weather or road conditions
Safety is not a one-way road. We can also help by observing some common-sense precautions. Here are some suggestions from our Miami trucking accident attorneys for everyone else on the road:
- don’t change lanes suddenly
- use signals when passing
- be aware and alert to the blind spots that every truck has
- drive at the speed limit
- maintain proper braking distance
- beware of the wide turns that many large trucks must make
- observe the weather conditions especially in terms of writing behind a large truck
- always remember that if you cannot see a truck’s mirror from behind than that truck driver cannot see you
If you or a loved one was hurt or killed in a truck accident, then you will no doubt want to find the best Miami truck accident attorney to represent you and your family. Finding that lawyer or law firm will likely take some effort on your part. We suggest that you avoid “runners” which are helpful strangers that come out of nowhere offering help and promises of huge compensation. They are not there to help you. Likely your name, your information and your accident case will be sold off to some medical clinic and/or attorney.
You will likely be best served by looking beyond the usual advertising as well. Some lawyers who advertise are very good. Others are not. The only thing that advertising by personal injury law firm guarantees is that law firm spends a lot of money on marketing. Again, the attorney that you see on TV might be the right attorney for you. But we suggest that you not make that decision based on advertising alone.
To find the best Miami truck accident lawyer for you and your loved ones you will need to perform your due diligence. Review the lawyer’s qualifications. Go online and review client comments. Ask about the law firm’s experience handling cases like yours. Once you have these type of answers, then you can have some confidence and comfort that you have selected the best Miami truck accident attorney for your case.
At Wolfson & Leon, we invite you to review our entire website as well as online comments from clients and coworkers. We encourage you to review our qualifications and recent results. We offer free, no obligation consultations at our offices or we can come to see you wherever it is most convenient. We understand how disruptive and difficult any truck accident can be. Give us a call today at (954) 530-3918.
Our personal injury attorneys probably serve the people of Miami and throughout Florida including the communities of Medley, Hialeah, Port of Miami, Miami Beach, Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, Dania Beach, Hillsboro Beach, West Palm Beach, Homestead Sunrise, Orlando, Tampa and Jacksonville.