Little Haiti Personal Injury Law Firm
With living conditions deteriorating in Haiti during the 1970s, Haitian residents fled their country to the United States in search of a better life. Thousands of residents landed in Miami between the late 1970s and 1980s, ultimately settling in Lemon City. As time progressed, the large Haitian population began to build and shape the neighborhood into an extension of the country that they fled. Soon, the neighborhood became known as Little Haiti, an affectionate name representing the plight of residents who fled their homes in search of a better life.
Remnants of Haitian culture can be seen throughout their streets, as the buildings are painted with bright, tropical colors and decorated with vibrant murals and artwork. Haitian-owned restaurants and coffee shops filled the neighborhood, offering visitors a slice of Haiti through the smells and taste of Creole spices and cuisine. Notably, there are no large retail chains in Little Haiti as local businesses, shops, and restaurants line the streets. Attractions, such as the Little Haiti Cultural Complex and the Caribbean Marketplace, offer a slice of Haitian culture through their programs, events, and music.
The city has the highest percentage of Creole-speaking residents in the country, with over 47% of its 34,000 residents citing Creole as the primary language spoken at home. Little Haiti is primarily a lower income area. Many residents do not own cars with over 38% relying on public transportation. For those working outside of the city, the average commute time to work is high, averaging almost 45 minutes. Residents of Little Haiti are employed in many different professions, with sales and service being the most common, followed by manufacturing and manual labor. The housing in Little Haiti is a collection of smaller 2, 3, and 4 unit apartment buildings, many of which were converted from larger Victorian style homes. Most of the homes and buildings were constructed between 1940 and 1969. Little Haiti has a high percentage of rental real estate at slightly over 85%.Little Haiti Personal Injury Lawyers
The accident attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm serve their clients in the following ways;
- Little Haiti personal injury lawyer
- Wrongful death attorney in Little Haiti
- Little Haiti violent crime accident lawyer
- Pedestrian car accident lawyer in Little Haiti
- Car crash attorney in Little Haiti
- Defective product accident lawyer in Little Haiti
- Little Haiti distracted driver car accident attorney in Little Haiti
- Little Haiti motorcycle accident lawyer
- Slip and fall accident lawyer in Little Haiti
- Little Haiti districted driver car crash attorney
- Pedestrian automobile accident lawyer in Little Haiti
- Little Haiti parking lot automobile accident attorney
- Intersection accident attorney in Little Haiti
- Little Haiti premises liability accident attorney
- Medical malpractice attorney in Little Haiti
- Little Haiti large truck accident lawyer
- Elevator trip and fall accident lawyer in Little Haiti
- Little Haiti elevator trip and fall accident attorney
- Product liability accident lawyer in Little Haiti
- Uber car accident attorney in Little Haiti
- Lyft automobile accident attorney in Little Haiti
- Little Haiti slip and fall lawyer
Residents of Little Haiti may be injured in accidents resulting from motor vehicle crashes, violent crimes, trips and falls, or defective products. For over 55 years, the Little Haiti personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm have represented victims who have been injured and are seeking help. With offices located in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and Fort Myers, the personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law firm listen and advise their clients on the recovering damages from their injuries, including compensation for lost wages and medical bills. We help our clients to get back on the road to recovery.
The Wolfson Law Firm proudly serves the residents of Little Haiti, as well as the surrounding neighborhoods of West Flagler, Grapeland Heights, Flagami, Coral Way, Overtown, and Liberty City. If you or someone that you love has been injured an accident, contact the attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm at (305) 285-1115 for a free consultation.