Miami Truck Accident Attorney
One second you are riding along on a beautiful day in Miami. Then in mere seconds your world is turned upside down because of the negligent driving of a truck driver. It could be any kind of truck accident including:
- 18-wheeler tractor trailer accident in Miami
- Semi-truck accident in Miami
- Commercial transport accident in Miami
- Commercial large truck accident in Miami
- Dump truck accident in Miami
- Box truck accident in Miami
Trucking accidents are unique because of the size and weight of trucks often travelling at high rates of speed. Victims of trucking accidents include:
- Uber driver and passenger hit by a truck
- Bicyclist struck by an 18-wheeler
- Lyft driver and passenger struck by semi-truck
- Pedestrians injured by tractor trailer
- Motorcycle accidents with commercial vehicle
- Truck accidents with automobiles
- Multiple truck collisions
The costs of bus and large truck crashes in the United States is absolutely staggering. Large trucks are generally defined as trucks with a GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) of more than 10,000 pounds. Buses are defined as vehicles primarily designed to transport at least 9 people (and that includes the driver).
In 2014, the Secretary of Transportation published the following costs associated with bus and large truck crashes as follows:
- Fatal Crashes of large truck and buses costed $41 billion dollars
- Injury Crashes involving buses and large trucks costed $43 billion
- Property damage claims arising from large truck and bus crashes costed $28 billion dollars
- The total of all large truck and bus crashes for 2014 came to $112 billion dollars.
In 2014, more than 3500 vehicle occupants were killed in large truck accidents. In that same period of time, 389 non-motorists were killed in large truck accidents. Lastly 92 non-motorists were killed in bus crashes. In Florida, there were 207 large truck and bus fatalities.
The costs of truck accidents in monetary terms and fatalities is incredible. That is why the trucking companies invest heavily in post-truck investigations. These investigations are not set in motion to find the truth and provide evidence to truck accident victims. These investigators work to develop defenses to personal injury and wrongful death claims arising out of truck accidents. That is why you need to retain the best Miami truck lawyer you can to help you get the justice and compensation that you deserve.Miami Truck Accident Injury and Wrongful Death LawyersIf you were injured in a truck accident or if a loved one was killed in a truck accident then you will need the best truck accident lawyer in Miami to help you. If you hope to ultimately receive full and fair compensation, then your journey begins with finding and hiring the best Miami truck accident attorney you can find.
To do that you should do your homework. Use the same skill set that you would employ to hire any professional such as a surgeon, accountant or contractor. Check the available client reviews. Ask for and examine their qualifications. Review the Miami truck accident law firm’s recent results in trucking injury and death cases.
At the Wolfson Law Firm, our Miami truck accident lawyers have assisted truck accident victims for more than 50 years. We know what to do and we are ready to help you. Our managing trial attorney, Jonah Wolfson, is a bilingual truck accident lawyer in Miami. Just call us right now for your free consultation at (305) 285-1115.
Our Miami trucking accident attorneys serve the people of Miami as well as anyone injured in a truck crash from Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Palm Beach County, Hialeah, Homestead, Port Everglades, Florida City, Port of Miami, Port of Palm Beach, Miami International Airport, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa.