Miami Step and Fall Accident Lawyer
If you are injured as the result of a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to money damages. If you are hurt from a trip and fall, you might be able to maintain a claim for compensation. But what about a “step and fall” accident? The Miami personal injury lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm say yes.
Any fall that causes an injury and was caused by the negligence of person or corporation, may be actionable. A property owner has the duty to keep the grounds in a reasonably safe condition and free from hazards. The law generally provides that the property owner had prior notice of the hazardous condition or it existed for such a period of time that the owner should have known about it.
In any type of fall, the Miami injury attorney will need to conduct a thorough investigation whether it is a slip and fall; trip and fall; or a step and fall case. Experts may need to be retained. Public records may be requested. Scene investigations including video and photographs may be necessary. Only after a complete and thorough investigation will your Miami slip and fall attorney be able to advise you on the viability of your claim.
At the Wolfson Law Firm, our Miami personal injury lawyers have helped victims of negligence injured in slip and fall accidents; trip and fall accidents; and step and fall accidents since 1963. They are here to help you too. Just call us at (305) 285-1115 for a free consultation.Types of Step and Fall Accidents
Step and fall accidents are defined as falls that happen when the individual steps up or down into a hazard that causes the individual to fall and be seriously injured or killed. Examples of step and fall accidents include:
- Stepping into a hole in the grass
- Broken steps
- Construction covers and debris
- Broken stairs
- Crumbling curb
- Cracked or broken tiles
- Collapsing floors or grounds
The injuries from step and fall accidents can be quite severe including:
- Fractured ankle
- Fractured leg
- Fractured foot
- Back and neck injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Head injury
- Fractured wrist
- Fractured arm
- Shoulder injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
The Miami step and fall lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm have these recommendations if you were injured in a step and fall accident:
- Get medical assistance as soon as possible
- Make a report with the property owner. If that is not possible for some reason, ask for a police report for the incident. It is important that you somehow document the accident. If an ambulance is called to the scene that will help in establishing the location and circumstances of the accident.
- Use your cell phone to take photographs, videos and to collect the contact information for witnesses
- Look around for any surveillance cameras that your lawyer or investigator might be able to subpoena or request at a later date
- Do your research and find the best step and fall lawyer who will help you in making your claim
At the Wolfson Law Firm, our Miami personal injury lawyers are here to serve you. We consider it our privilege to serve our clients in their quest for compensation and justice. If you were injured in a step and fall accident; slip and fall accident; or trip and fall accident then we invite you to call us for your free consultation at (305) 285-1115.