Miami Gardens Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
Slip and fall accidents are a common occurrence throughout the country. It is estimated that over 8 million emergency room visits are the result of injuries sustained when falling every year. Wet surfaces, poorly lit walkways, broken stairs, missing handrails in stairwells, debris or obstacles on sidewalks, and uneven pavement or flooring can cause people to slip or trip and fall. Property and homeowners have the responsibility to ensure a safe environment for those visiting their premises and to ensure that these hazards do not reasonably exist.
Traumatic brain injuries can be severe and life changing. While these injuries may appear to be relatively minor, accidents whereby a victim hits their head during the fall can result in serious harm. A concussion or contusion can result when the head experiences a blow, causing injury to the brain. Many times, these are not serious and may require only a few days rest for recovery. In other cases, however, there may be longer lasting side-effects that take weeks or even months to recover from. This can result in changes to personality, motor skills, memory, or cognitive ability. To be properly diagnosed, it is important to seek medical attention even for injuries that appear to be minor.
While these tests can be costly, traumatic brain injuries can take hours, even days, to show any symptoms. Failing to see a doctor after an accident can make the injury worse, extending the recovery time longer and potentially resulting in greater harm to your brain. If you’ve suffered from a head injury as the result of a slip and fall accident, you should contact a traumatic brain injury attorney. They will evaluate the merits of your case and advise you of your rights. If you have been injured and have questions about a claim, contact the Miami Gardens brain injury attorneys at Wolfson & Leon today at (305) 285-1115.Common Slip and Fall Brain Injuries
Whether you are shopping at the grocery store, walking down the sidewalk, or visiting a friend’s house, slip and fall accidents are common. Serious trauma to the head can occur in many ordinary situations including
- Slipping on a newly-mopped grocery store floor, hitting your head on a shelf or the ground
- Uneven pavement in a parking lot causes you to hit your head on a curb
- Improperly secured merchandise displays that fall on top of customers shopping below
- Tripping over entryway mats that aren’t secure, causing you to hit your head on the floor, curb, or door
- Floor to ceiling overly stocked shelves in grocery stores retail stores that tip over and hit customers
- Slipping on spills or other liquids in the walkways of grocery stores, malls, or retail shops
The impact of these injuries on the brain often include;
- Mood changes
- Loss or impairment of vision or hearing
- Temporary loss of consciousness
- Difficulty in processing information or going about your daily activities
- Memory loss
- Problems moving around or inability to use arms or legs properly
These symptoms can last for a few days or, in some cases, may be permanent depending upon the severity of the injury.Miami Gardens Brain Accident Injury Law Firm
The Miami Gardens brain injury attorneys at Wolfson & Leon represent victims who have suffered from head trauma as the result of a slip and fall accident. We defend injured victims’ rights in many ways including;
- Grocery store wet surface slip and fall accident resulting in head injury in Miami Gardens attorney
- Lawyer for traumatic brain injury caused by a car accident in Miami Gardens
- Miami Gardens attorney for restaurant slip and fall accident head trauma injury
- Lawyer for brain injury accident caused by a criminal act in Miami Gardens
- Concussion accident injury lawyer in Miami Gardens
- Miami Gardens attorney for broken sidewalk trip and fall head trauma injury
- Lawyer for parking lot trip and fall accident injury causing trauma to the brain
- Wrong-way car crash causing traumatic brain injury attorney in Miami Gardens
- Miami Gardens lawyer for grocery store slip and fall concussion injury
- Coffee shop slip and fall brain injury lawyer in Miami Gardens
The Miami Gardens traumatic brain injury attorneys at Wolfson & Leon have defended the rights of victims since 1963. We advise and represent clients who have suffered from head trauma as the result of a slip and fall or other accident. We defend your rights with insurance companies or other parties with liability. Depending upon your case, we will work to negotiate a settlement or defend your rights in a court of law.
Wolfson & Leon has offices conveniently located in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and Fort Myers. We represent clients in these cities, as well as their surrounding communities, we proudly represent clients throughout the South Florida region. If you have been suffered a traumatic brain injury as the result of an accident and aren’t sure where to turn, contact the Miami Gardens traumatic brain injury lawyers today. For an initial free evaluation, call (305) 285-1115 right now.