Miami Beach Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
With our busy schedules, we are often rushing through our daily errands trying to fit in as much as we can with a limited amount of time. A quick stop the grocery store on the way home, running to the local deli for a quick bite, or sprinting through the parking lot to make to work on time, we often don’t notice that seemingly innocent hazards that exist on our walkways. Spilled drinks, leaking refrigerators, or other obstacles on the walkways can cause people to slip and fall.
Common injuries include sprained or strained ankles or muscles, bruises, broken bones, or bumps. A serious injury can happen if the victim’s head hits a hard surface or grazes a sharp object when they fall. The impact of the head hitting something can result in a traumatic injury to the brain. Victims who have hit their head against another object should seek medical attention, even if they feel ok. Minor injuries can impact your daily activities and ability to work. Serious injuries can impact cognitive and motor functions, as well as your memory. Contact the Miami Beach traumatic brain injury lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm if you’ve been hurt in an accident. Our personal injury attorneys will review the merits of your case and can advise you of your options. Call (305) 285-1115 today for a free and confidential evaluation.Common Traumatic Brain Injuries
Slip and fall accidents, as well as any accident that causes the head to hit something or jerk back and forth quickly, can result in a traumatic brain injury. Some of the most common injuries include;
- Concussions can be described as the shaking of the brain. A hit to the head or quick jar can cause the brain to move. Typically, these are minor injuries that may require a few days or a week to recover from. In some cases, however, they can be serious.
- A contusion can occur when the brain has been hit and is bleeding. Similar to a bruise, the bleeding will sometimes stop on its own. Bleeding that does not stop may need to be removed by surgery.
- Diffuse axonal injuries, commonly referred to as DAI, can happen when the brain stem cannot keep up with the rapid movement of the brain. This can result in tears in the brain connections. These injuries can range from mild to fatal, depending upon their severity.
- Serious traumatic brain injuries can impact the quality of a person’s life. Depending upon their location and severity, these injuries can cause the loss of memory, problems walking or moving around, or an inability to communicate properly.
If you or a loved one has sustained a serious injury to the brain as the result of a slip and fall or any type of accident, you should seek emergency treatment immediately. Costs associated with the diagnosis and treatment of brain injuries can be substantial, forcing many families to struggle financially. The Miami Beach personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm represent victims with brain injuries that were sustained in accidents, including;
- Slip and fall accident victim suffering from traumatic brain injury lawyer in Miami Beach
- Concussion injury from a slip and fall grocery store accident in Miami Beach
- Miami Beach lawyer for injured accident victim with a head injury
- Automobile crash brain injury attorney in Miami Beach
- Parking lot slip and fall concussion injury lawyer in Miami Beach
- Lawyer for construction site head injury accident in Miami Beach
- Traumatic brain injured victim due to criminal activity in Miami Beach
- Miami Beach attorney for brain contusion injury accident
- Sidewalk trip and fall head injury attorney in Miami Beach
- Protruding sign concussion accident lawyer in Miami Beach
Since 1963, the Miami Beach traumatic brain injury lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm have defended the rights of victims who have sustained head injuries from an accident that was not their fault. Our Miami Beach personal injury attorneys represent your rights to insurance companies and corporations to help you receive the compensation you need to pay for the high cost of care and lost wages.
From our offices in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and Fort Myers, we proudly represent clients throughout the South Florida region. If you have experienced a head injury as the result of a slip and fall or other accident, call (305) 285-1115 for a free evaluation of your case.