Miami Beach Hotel and Resort Crime Victim Lawyer
Criminal attacks in Miami Beach hotels are nothing new. They occur on regular basis. If you’ve been injured due to one of them, call the Miami Beach crime victim attorneys at Wolfson & Leon for your free consultation. We don’t ask for a fee until we recover for you. Call us now at (305) 285-1115 and let us help you after your injury from a crime committed at a Miami Beach resort or hotel.Miami Beach Hotels and Resorts
Miami Beach is every tourist dream destination. Miles-long white-sand beaches, world class hotels and plenty of other spots for entertainment and attracting visitors from all over the world. The most famous among them are Fontainebleau, Marriott Hotel, Oceanside, Chesterfield, Croydon, and many others. However, they will make you think that joy is all you can get there. We at Wolfson & Leon, as locals and Miami Beach crime victim lawyers have met and represented folks whose vacations have turned into a nightmare due to criminal attacks where they suffered personal injuries. Aside from recovering damages from criminal offenders, Miami Beach crime victims may recover from resorts and hotels as well. Even if the offender hasn’t been convicted yet, there is a way to recover for your harm and losses earlier, since the Miami Beach resort or hotel might be liable as well.Miami Beach Hotels Crime Victim Liability
As with any personal injury, Miami Beach hotels may be liable under Florida premises liability and negligence laws. They are obliged to protect their invitees by providing them with safe environment for stay. Should they fail in doing so due to negligence or wrongful act, they can be legally responsible for harms and losses. When it comes to criminal assaults, hotels must take all the necessary and reasonable measures to protect their guests from intruders and criminals who could cause them injuries or fatalities.
The most common crimes occurring in Miami Beach hotels include, but are not limited to armed robberies, battery, rapes and other sexual assaults, room invasions, even murders. Hotels allow these crimes to happen by providing inadequate security. In practice, most often it means that:
- Hotels failed to have adequate security policies in place.
- Hotel security has been negligent in doing its job.
- Hotels failed to install security cameras. Not only for providing evidence of crimes, but also for preventing them. Monitors should be monitored consistently as well.
- They have failed to provide proper lightning of exterior areas. Parking lots and sidewalks under their control could be a hiding place for assailants if not lit properly.
- Failure to conduct a proper and thorough background investigation of all employees and vendors.
- Failed to handle keys and access cards securely and properly.
- Failure to keep hotel entrance points safe from intruders.
Miami Beach hotel crimes may happen as a result to some of these failures. However, these are not all the reasons that could cause your personal injury as a crime victim in Miami Beach. If you’ve suffered injuries, harms and losses due to criminal actions at a Miami Beach hotel, talk to a lawyer before dismissing your chances to recover from the hotel. A Miami Beach crime victim compensation lawyer can assist you by proving the following:
- A criminal action happened at premises under control of a Miami Beach hotel or resort
- You’ve been seriously injured as a result of that action
- The hotel owed you a duty of care
- The hotel breached the duty of care due to negligence or wrongful act
- The personal injury from the criminal act most likely could have been prevented if the duty of care had been met
Miami Beach hotels and resorts are under management of large corporations. So, while you could try to handle your claim by yourself, it is better to consult with the best Miami Beach hotel negligent security lawyer and Miami Beach crime victim attorney before taking any further steps.Miami Beach Crime Victim Lawyer Helping Hotel and Resort Victims
At Wolfson & Leon, our Miami Beach crime victim compensation attorneys are available to help you if you were injured at a Miami Beach hotel or resort. We have had the honor of helping injured victims since 1963 and we are ready to help you too. Call us today for your free consultation at (305) 285-1115 and allow our bilingual personal injury lawyers to assist you in picking up the pieces of your life and start the journey of getting the justice you deserve. Our Miami Beach injury attorneys serve the South Florida communities including North Beach, South Beach, Surfside, Miami Beach, Miami, and Aventura.