Kendall Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents rank near the top as one of the biggest causes of injury. They can happen just about anywhere. People can slip and fall in restaurants, warehouse stores, office buildings, movie theaters, and apartment buildings.
Slip and fall accidents can be more dangerous than what most people expect. As a person falls, they can hit their head, break bones, or damage their back or neck. These are severe injuries that not only require immediate medical treatment, can be very costly to recover from. If you were critically hurt in a slip and fall accident, it's a good idea to speak with a Miami personal injury lawyer who specializes in cases like yours. People who are hurt in accidents call Wolfson & Leon for help. You can talk with a Kendall personal injury attorney about your accident at no charge by calling (305) 285-1115.Who is Responsible in Kendall Slip and Fall Accident?
If you were hurt because of an owner's negligence, they might be responsible for the expenses from your injuries. Under premise liability, an owner or manager must maintain a safe property for visitors. When they fail to do so, people can get hurt, and they may have a premise liability claim against the owner.
The following are necessary to prove premise liability:
- The defendant owned or controlled the property and, therefore, owes visitors a duty of care.
- The owner or manager failed to keep the property reasonably safe.
- The injury occurred as a result of their negligence in failing to safely maintain their property.
- You suffered damages as a result.
For a premise liability case, the injured victim must prove that the property owner knew, or should have reasonably known in the exercise of caution, about a dangerous condition. Yet, they didn't fix it or notify visitors of the danger.What Should I Do I Was Hurt in a Slip and Fall Accident? There are a few steps you should take if you are involved in a slip and fall accident.
- You should promptly report this to the owner or store manager. Even if you feel ok, you need to make the owner aware of the danger. If they fill out any paperwork to document your fall, make sure you get a copy.
- Use a cell phone to take pictures to document where you fell. Be sure to get photos of the things that weren't there, such as signs to warn visitors that a floor was wet.
- If anyone saw you fall, ask for their contact information. Write down the names of any employees that you spoke with.
- Even if you feel ok after the fall, you should still see a doctor. It’s not always obvious when you get hurt in a slip and fall, so you may not realize you’ve been injured for a few hours or a few days after the accident. Keep in mind that if your injuries are severe, you should seek medical attention immediately.
Injuries resulting from a slip and fall accident can be severe, and they may have a lifelong impact. Medical treatment can be costly. You don't need to bear that burden on your own, especially if someone else's negligence caused the slip and fall accident.
When you get hurt in a slip and fall accident, you should reach out to Wolfson & Leon for help. Our Miami personal injury attorneys work to get their clients the best settlement for their situation. You can speak with one of our attorneys for a free consultation where you can tell us about your accident, ask questions, and find out if there are legal options out there for you. If we pursue a claim for you, there is no fee for our services unless your case is settled. You can learn more by calling Wolfson & Leon today at (305) 285-1115.