Coconut Grove Trip and Fall Accident Lawyer
New construction and remodeling jobs are a welcome sight in South Florida, even though they can seem horribly inconvenient. Even though they signal progress, the construction and remodeling jobs pose hazards to people walking by. Building owners and construction companies should take steps to ensure safety, especially if people are expected to be in the area. When they fail to do so, people may be hurt.
A trip and fall can cause severe injury, resulting in the need for emergency medical care and expensive treatment. If you were injured in a trip and fall because of someone else’s negligence, you should seek help from a Coconut Grove personal injury attorney at the Wolfson Law Firm. Our dedicated legal team can assess your case for free and let you know what legal options may be available. To get the answers to your questions and to find out more, call the Wolfson Law Firm today at (305) 285-1115.Typical Trip and Fall Accidents in Construction Areas
Road improvements, building remodels and renovations, and new construction zones can be dangerous places where people can get hurt.
People walking in or around construction zones or in buildings that are currently being remodeled may trip and fall over such items as:
- Loose wires or cords that run across walkways.
- Construction vehicles that damage sidewalks or roads due to their heavy weight.
- Building supplies, tools, or debris that are left out in the open.
- Uneven, broken, or loose flooring materials that are being repaired or replaced.
In a trip and fall accident, people typically fall forward. Typical injuries from a trip and fall accident include:
- Broken bones – People may try to catch themselves from falling, resulting in broken bones in their arms, hands, and fingers.
- Head trauma – When a person falls, they can hit their head on the floor, shelf, or another object.
- Cuts, lacerations, and abrasion – People may cut themselves on sharp objects or corners when they fall. They may also experience scrapes on their knees, hands, or elbows if they try to catch themselves.
- Neck injuries – When using your arms to catch yourself from falling, the head often continues moving forward. A person’s neck may move rapidly as it takes on the impact of the fall, causing injury.
Not only can trip and fall accidents result in getting hurt, but the injury may also impact your ability to work. If your job requires that you regularly use your hands, such as working on a computer or doing manual labor, you may be unable to work until you've recovered.
Whether you are walking near a construction zone or a building that is undergoing remodeling, the property owner and construction companies should ensure that the area is safe if they expect people to walk by. Signage should be used to alert unsuspecting visitors and residents of hazardous areas. Failing to do so may result in people getting hurt.Coconut Grove Trip and Fall Accident Law Firm
People who have been injured in a trip and fall accident should reach out to the Wolfson Law Firm for help. Since 1963, our personal injury attorneys have represented accident victims' rights hurt by someone else's negligence. We take care of filing the paperwork, handle all phone calls, and negotiate a settlement on your behalf.
Speak with a Coconut Grove trip and fall accident lawyer at our firm for a free analysis of your case. If you are stressing out over high medical bills or can't work because you are hurt, there may be legal remedies available to help you. This analysis is free and confidential. You pay no legal fees for our services unless your case is settled.
The Wolfson Law Firm serves clients in Coconut Grove and its surrounding communities. Find out how the Wolfson Law Firm can protect your rights today by calling (305) 285-1115 for your free case analysis.