Brickell Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you were severely hurt in a Brickell bicycle accident, you can contact Wolfson & Leon today for a free evaluation of your claim. Whether you want to know what your legal options are or what damages you might be entitled to, we encourage you to call us today at 305-285-1115.
A bicyclist can suffer devastating, even fatal, injuries in an accident. Without the protection of a car’s frame, a cyclist’s body absorbs the impact of the accident. When the damage is extensive, you may suffer from the effects of the accident for the rest of your life.
Since 1963, the Miami personal injury lawyers at Wolfson & Leon have defended people seriously injured in car, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents. We understand the physical and financial stress families face when a loved one has been gravely injured.Seriously Hurt in a Brickell Bicycle Accident?
Brickell is an upscale Miami neighborhood known for its luxury condominiums and high-rise apartments. With shopping, restaurants, and office buildings close by, many residents get around on bicycles or by walking. A Brickell bicycle accident may happen if a driver does not see the cyclist or isn’t paying attention. Some of the most common ways a Brickell bicycle accident can occur include:
- Failing to yield to oncoming bicycles when making a left or right-hand turn
- Backing out of parking spots or driveways before checking to see if any bicycles are traveling behind the vehicle.
- Driving too closely behind a cyclist
- Opening a car door into the path of an oncoming bicycle
A bicyclist can be gravely hurt when hit by a moving vehicle. Even with a helmet on, a cyclist could suffer severe trauma if their head hits the pavement, car, or another object. The damage caused by a severe head injury could leave the cyclist with a skull fracture, a brain hemorrhage, or torn tissues.
A Brickell bicycle accident may also lead to other serious, even fatal, injuries, such as:
- Crushing injuries if run over by a vehicle
- Severe damage to internal organs
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
- Severe road burns
- Deep punctures and cuts
- Torn ligaments
Sometimes, you can be hurt riding your bicycle even if you aren’t struck by a moving vehicle. If you swerve out of the way to avoid an accident, you might hit a parked car, sign, or another hard object. You could suffer severe injuries if you are knocked off your bike by a driver or passenger who hits you when opening their car door.What Should I Do After a Brickell Bicycle Accident?
You should take some critical steps if you have been involved in a Brickell bicycle accident.
- Report the accident: Contact the police when you have been hurt in a Brickell bicycle accident. A police report documents essential information about the accident, such as the parties involved, people who witnessed the accident, and injuries caused.
- Preserve the scene: Taking pictures or videos of where the accident occurred and the damage caused can help preserve the scene. Take pictures or videos from different angles and distances to get a more complete view of where the accident happened.
- Seek medical care: A serious bicycle crash can leave devastating injuries. So, getting medical help as soon as possible is important. Even if you feel ok after a Brickell bicycle accident, getting checked out is still a good idea. Some injuries are not evident immediately after the crash.
If your Brickell bicycle accident injury was caused by someone else’s careless or reckless behavior, you may be compensated for the damage you have suffered. You might be paid for your medical costs and lost wages. Depending on how severe your injuries are, you may also be compensated for the pain and suffering you have endured.
In some cases, the injuries suffered may be extensive and life-altering. You might be compensated for additional costs should your injuries require ongoing care in your home, continuing medical treatment, or specialized equipment. If your ability to earn a living has been permanently altered, you could be compensated for future loss of income.Brickell Bicycle Accident Law Firm
The Law Offices of Wolfson & Leon are dedicated to helping people seriously hurt in bicycle, pedestrian, and car accidents. Our Brickell bicycle accident attorneys tirelessly seek the monetary damages that accident victims need to pay for their medical treatment. If you have been severely hurt in a Brickell bicycle crash, you can call Wolfson & Leon today for your free consultation at 305-285-1115.