Homestead Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Florida’s sunny skies and warm weather draws many people outside. Whether you are walking down a neighborhood sidewalk or crossing the street in a busy city intersection, being a pedestrian can be dangerous. Pedestrians risk getting hit by cars when they walk down the road, sidewalks, or parking lots.
A pedestrian's injuries can be much more severe than those in a typical car accident. Without the protective shield of a car, a pedestrian's body absorbs the force of a car accident if they've been hit. This can lead to injuries that are so severe; they can alter the rest of your life. They may even result in death.
Pedestrians who have been injured in a car accident should reach out to a Miami personal injury lawyer to find out how they can recover damages to pay for costly medical treatment and replace wages lost if they haven't been able to work. An injured pedestrian may need continuing care in their home if their bodies have been severely damaged by accident. To determine what legal options could be available, call the Wolfson Law Firm at (305) 285-1115 for help.Homestead Pedestrian Accident Injuries
When cars are around, there are several hazards that pedestrians face. Driver behavior can put pedestrians at risk such as:
- Distracted drivers – Drivers should be aware of their surroundings. Drivers who text, talk on the phone, change the radio station, or eat while driving may not be focused on the road. When they aren’t paying attention, a driver may end up hitting a pedestrian crossing the street or walking down a sidewalk.
- Impaired drivers – When a driver is drowsy or impaired, it may impact their ability to operate a motor vehicle safely. Slow reflexes and impaired vision may affect their ability to react to sudden changes. They may be unable to slow down or stop safely for pedestrians in the crosswalk.
- Drivers who don’t follow the rules – When a driver doesn't follow the road rules, pedestrians may be put in harm’s way. This can happen if a driver doesn’t yield to people in a crosswalk, speeds through a parking lot, or fails to stop at red lights or stop signs.
- Impatient drivers – A driver in a hurry may not stop for people crossing the street or turn while pedestrians are in the crosswalk.
There are other ways that pedestrians may be hit by cars. If roads are wet from rain, drivers may not stop when approaching an intersection or a crosswalk. Roads under construction may force pedestrians to walk in places that a driver may not expect or see.Homestead Pedestrian Injury Accident
Seriously injured pedestrians may be able to recover damages for:
- Medical treatment and future care
- Loss of income
- Reduced future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Should the accident result in death, family members may be able to file a wrongful death claim. This can help them recover damages to pay for any medical expenses and the funeral cost. If their loved one was a primary breadwinner, a family could be financially devasted by their passing. A wrongful death claim may help replace lost income.Homestead Pedestrian Accident Law Firm
For over 55 years, the Wolfson Law Firm has helped people who were hurt in car accidents to recover the damages they need to get their life back on track. Compensation may include payment for medical bills and future treatment. You could recover lost wages.
To find out what recovery options may be available to you, the Wolfson Law Firm will evaluate your case for no fee. Our Homestead personal injury lawyers can answer your questions and let you know what legal remedies may be available to you. Since our attorneys work with you on a contingency basis, you won't pay a fee for our services unless your case is settled.
Learn more about your legal rights when you’ve been injured by calling the Wolfson Law Firm at (305) 285-1115.