Hialeah Affordable Housing Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a Hialeah affordable housing complex, then you should speak with a Hialeah affordable housing accident attorney. There may be potentially responsible parties who need to be held accountable. At Wolfson & Leon, our bilingual Hialeah personal injury lawyers can help. We will perform the necessary investigation and present you with a plan to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve. Call us now at (305) 285-1115 for your free consultation.Hialeah Affordable Housing
Suffering in an accident at Hialeah affordable housing that leads to personal injuries for you or your loved ones might mean that you have the right to claim damages from those liable for the accident. No one wants to pay for other people’s harms and losses, though, so it could be challenging for you to prove anyone else’s responsibility if you try to represent yourself.
There are affordable housing complexes in Hialeah. In total there are 31 of them, containing 3,892 low-income apartments. 1,958 of them are income-based housing. There are 1,442 other apartments available for low prices, although not subsidized by the government. The largest affordable complexes in Hialeah include Hialeah Residence, Robert Forcum Towers, Meadowgreen Apartments, Vernon Ashley Plaza, Hoffman Gardens, Marbrisa, and few others. They are served by the Hialeah Housing Authority.
Hialeah is the sixth largest city in the Sunshine State and part of the Miami metropolitan area with a population of over 230,000. Hialeah is the largest Cuban-American community in the United States. With 75% of the total population, they dominate the city, while 96% of the population speaks some Spanish at home. That was one of the main reasons why Telemundo, the second-largest Spanish-language TV network in the US, is based in Hialeah.Hialeah Affordable Housing Accidents
Affordable housing complexes, whether Section 8 apartments, disabled people supportive apartments or elderly supportive apartments are places where personal injuries occur, just like at any other place. Moreover, low-income complexes often suffer from poor maintenance and inadequate security. That negligence and inattention can lead to accidents that send someone with injuries to doctors. When it comes to affordable housing complexes, these accidents following accidents can happen:
- Hialeah affordable housing ADA violations causing injuries. Staying compliant with disabled persons’ rights is obligatory for affordable housing providers.
- Hialeah affordable housing car accidents.
- Hialeah affordable housing motorcycle accidents.
- Hialeah affordable housing parking lot accidents.
- Hialeah affordable housing Lyft car accidents.
- Hialeah affordable housing Uber accidents.
- Hialeah affordable housing shooting victims’ rights attorney.
- Hialeah affordable housing robbery victims’ rights lawyer. Negligent security means that thieves have better access to someone else’s belongings.
- Hialeah affordable housing negligent security injury and wrongful death claims.
- Hialeah affordable housing sexual assault crime victim lawyer. Negligent security invites intruders lurking around public housing properties.
- Hialeah affordable housing assault victims’ rights attorney.
- Hialeah affordable housing crime victim compensation. Landlords must take all the reasonable measures for preventing foreseeable crimes in affordable housing complexes under their control.
- Hialeah affordable housing elevator accidents. Improperly maintained elevators pose a great danger to tenants and their visitors.
- Hialeah affordable housing slip and fall accidents. Property owners must reasonably provide clean floors. Liquids of any kind are potentially dangerous, so floors should be kept dry for maximum safety or have a proper warning sign.
- Hialeah affordable housing trip and fall accidents. The same goes for debris and garbage could cause falling on the floor and injury consequently.
If you or your loved ones have suffered a personal injury at an affordable housing complex in some other way not described here, do not rush to conclude that it was your responsibility. Landlords can be liable in most cases when injuries are sustained in common premises. A call to a Hialeah affordable housing accident lawyer will let you know if your case qualifies for damages recovery by someone else or not.Hialeah Affordable Housing Accident Liability
When someone else is liable for your injuries, most likely that will be the landlord of the affordable housing complex. The owner owes a duty of reasonable care to tenants and visitors. That means responsibility to provide a reasonably safe environment for the use of the housing units by taking all the reasonable measures for preventing possible accidents. The proprietor should prevent all the foreseeable accidents at premises under his control.
When they breach their duty of care due to a wrongful act or negligence, that can render them liable for any personal injuries caused in relation with their breach of duty. For instance, if the owner or property manager did not secure the locks properly, and that led to an armed robbery in which you were injured, they could be liable because the event was foreseeable and could have been prevented if they met the standard of care.
Affordable housing complexes landlords can demonstrate negligence in various ways, including:
- Failure to anticipate accidents. It is not reasonable to think that accident will not happen even if you do not maintain the building properly.
- Failure to provide proper security. In areas with high risk of criminal assaults, installing alarms and cameras could discourage offenders to attack or help bring them to justice.
- Failure to provide proper maintenance of premises. Slippery and uncleaned floors, improper lighting, broken elevators and stairs can cause personal injuries at affordable housing complexes.
- Failure to stay compliant with the disability rights laws. Disabled persons should have equal access to affordable housing premises as any other person.
- When property owner breaches the duty of care through any of these failures, they may be liable for your injuries. To prove that you are entitled to a damages recovery, you have to prove:
- That you have suffered a personal injury at premises of a Hialeah affordable housing complex
- That the landlord owed a duty of care to you according to Florida premises liability laws
- That the landlord breached the duty of care due to negligence or wrongful act
- That the injury could have been prevented if the landlord wasn’t negligent and acted in accordance to his duty
At Wolfson & Leon, our bilingual Hialeah affordable housing accident attorneys are here to answer your questions after your Hialeah accident and injury. Call us for your free consultation at (305) 285-1115 and let’s figure out the path to justice and compensation that you deserve.