Lehigh Acres Personal Injury Firm
Why contact a Lehigh Acres personal injury law firm? It’s a fact of life, accidents will happen. The residents of Lehigh Acres can contact the Wolfson Law Firm with questions when they have been injured in an accident through no fault of their own. The Lehigh Acres personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm aid their clients in many ways. Accident victims may need our services for the following;
- Lehigh Acres wrongful death personal injury accident attorney
- Slip and fall personal injury accident lawyer in Lehigh Acres
- Lehigh Acres car crash lawyer personal injury attorney
- Pedestrian accident personal injury lawyer in Lehigh Acres
- Lehigh Acres premise liability personal injury attorney
- Medical malpractice personal injury lawyer in Lehigh Acres
- Lehigh Acres boating accident personal injury attorney
- Lehigh Acres roadway debris car crash personal injury attorney
- Texting and driving accident injury lawyer in Lehigh Acres
- Lehigh Acres defective product personal injury attorney
- Bus accident personal injury accident lawyer in Lehigh Acres
- Lehigh Acres workplace injury personal injury lawyer
- Bicycle accident personal injury lawyer in Lehigh Acres
- Lehigh Acres assault and battery personal injury attorney
- Rear-end highway car crash lawyer in Lehigh Acres
- Trip and fall personal injury attorney in Lehigh Acres
- Lehigh Acres distracted driver car crash accident personal injury lawyer
If you have been injured in an accident through no fault of your own, you may be wondering if you have a case. If you have questions about filing a personal injury case, contact the Wolfson Law Firm at 239-777-9954 for a free consultation.Lehigh Acres
Lehigh Acres is situated in Southwest Florida and is considered part of the metropolitan area that covers Cape Coral and Fort Myers. Largely a community for retirees, Lehigh Acres received its start when Chicago-businessman Lee Ratner needed to create a tax shelter that would accumulate losses. After selling his pest control business at a significant gain, he needed a means to offset these gains and decided to start a cattle ranch, which traditionally would incur losses in the early years. In 1950, he started the Lucky Lee Ranch on an 18,000 acre plot of land that he purchased in the area. Ratner hired locals to run the farm, which raised cattle and used the alfalfa grown on the farm as feed. The farm produced more alfalfa than was needed for feed, so the locals hired by Ratner sold the excess to nearby farms. The alfalfa crops continued to be fruitful, eventually creating a revenue source for the farm. Ratner then decided, at the urging of a group of friends, to join them in creating a retirement community in the area by selling land and homes to retirees.
In 1954, Ratner established Lehigh Corp. and County Land and Title Company, Inc. to develop and market the town. Sales of land and homes were highly successful. As a result, Ratner and his team moved to develop Lehigh Acres quickly by building roads, an auditorium, and churches. However, the original zoning of the land was for residential property, therefore minimal commercial properties could be developed. That left much of the development for shopping centers, stores, and other commercial properties to occur on the edges of the community.
Although both retirees and families continue to reside in Lehigh Acres, its growth has struggled in the recent years due to the real estate slow-downs, which hit the community hard. Many homes that were purchased in the area were financed through subprime mortgages. When the economy began to disintegrate, many homeowners went into foreclosure. The area has seen a shift in the percentage of owner-occupied versus renter-occupied homes, which is indicative of the struggles the community faced after the housing crisis of 2008. Homeownership dropped almost 25% after the housing crisis. The city has seen an increase in its crime rate over the past few years. Crimes against businesses have risen 65% between 2016 and 2017. Residents are currently seeking incorporation as a means to improve the safety and image of Lehigh Acres. Through incorporation, those living in Lehigh Acres are hopeful that they will be able to establish a city council and have their own mayor, which would allow them to propose regulations and ordinances to update zoning laws, as well as improve the infrastructure of the community.
Lehigh Acres has a population of 112,279. Its population is racially diverse as 39.5% are white, 37.4% Hispanic, and 19.7% African American. Approximately 21% of the population is 55 years or older. The median family income in Lehigh Acres is $41,734 and the median property value is $101,400. Almost 22% of the population lives under the poverty level, which is significantly higher than the national average of 14%. With many jobs located outside of the community, the average commute time is 33 minutes. Lehigh Acres offers a public transportation system as residents often use buses to travel around the city.Injured Passenger Personal Injury Claim
If you have been injured in an automobile accident as a passenger, you have the right to recover damages for your injury. Personal injury claims differ when you are a passenger, as you typically do not have liability in the accident. Rather, the challenge may be determining who was responsible for the accident and to what extent. Contacting a personal injury attorney to review your circumstances can help to make this determination.
If you have been injured in an automobile accident as a passenger, it important to address the following;
- Medical attention – if you have been injured, seek medical attention immediately. Even injuries that are seemingly minor can cause serious pain in the future if left untreated. Medical documentation will be helpful to prove the extent of your injuries.
- Contact information – Obtain the contact and insurance information for all drivers involved. If there were any witnesses, be sure to gather their personal information as well.
- Documentation – If a police report has been filed, try to obtain a copy. Taking pictures of the accident, as well as documenting what happened in your own words can also prove to be helpful if a case is pursued.
Passengers that are involved in an automobile accident may incur high medical expenses. Depending upon the extent of injury, subsequent medical attention, rehabilitation, and in-home care may be necessary to recover from an accident. Serious injuries may interfere with a victim’s ability to work, thus resulting in lost wages. There are other nuances involved in a personal injury case if you have been injured as a passenger that could include defects in vehicles, as well as the establishment of liability. Contacting a personal injury attorney to further discuss your case can help you to understand what your rights are as an accident victim.Lehigh Acres Personal Injury Firm
If you have sustained injuries that result from an accident through no fault of your own, you have rights. The Lehigh Acres personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm have defended the rights of victims who have been injured in accidents. If you have been in an accident, you may have questions about how to receive and pay for medical care, as well as recovering wages that have been lost. Our personal injury attorneys will review your case to advise of your best course of action. Understand your rights if you’ve been injured by contacting the personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm. Contact the Wolfson Law Firm at 239-777-9954 for a free consultation.Lehigh Acres Personal Injury Law Firm
The Wolfson Law Firm proudly serves residents in Lehigh Acres, as well as its surrounding cities, including Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Golden Gate, Everglades City, Immokalee, Marco Island, and Bonita Springs. If you or your loved one has been the victim of an accident, contact the Lehigh Acres personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm at 239-777-9954 for help.