What to Do After Uber Accident in Miami
So you decide to use Uber because it is easier or safer. Maybe you use Lyft for a ride. You have taken many Uber rides before. Most of the time, the Uber driver is prompt and professional. Your Uber experience is positive and you don’t hesitate to use Uber again. But what happens if your Uber ride becomes an Uber accident in Miami?
Our Uber accident lawyers in Miami represent clients who were seriously injured in Uber car accidents. If you were involved in an Uber or Lyft car accident, our Uber car accident injury lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm can help you. Just call us at (305) 285-1115 for your free and confidential consultation and let us get started on your case.What You Should Do After a Miami Uber Accident
Our Miami personal injury attorneys and lawyers represent drivers and riders involved in Uber and Lyft car accidents. Here is what you need to know if you are in an Uber or Lyft car crash in Miami:
- Stay Calm – Most folks go through life having never been involved in a car accident. It can be sudden, violent and horrifying. But if you are in an Uber car wreck, try to stay calm. You need to take care of yourself. Control what you can and accept what you cannot. Until you can contact an Uber accident lawyer, you need to be responsible for your case.
- Get Medical Assistance – First and foremost, get checked out by qualified medical professionals. If you are in an Uber accident in Miami, wait for the police and if necessary ask for an ambulance or fire rescue. If you need to go to the emergency room then you should go. Too often our Miami car accident lawyers see people who want to wait and see if they need medical care only to find out later that decision led to more harm than good. In addition to making sure you are okay, prompt medical care also documents your injuries. Insurance companies zero in on your medical care when they negotiate your claim. Depending on the facts, the insurance company and insurance defense lawyers will argue that you waited too long to get medical help; that you didn’t get enough medical care; or that you go too much medical treatment. So when in doubt after an Uber car crash in Miami, get checked out.
- Use Your Phone – Take photographs of the scene and the cars. Use your cell phone to photograph driver’s licenses and insurance information. If there are witnesses, exchange phone numbers and texts with them. You may need those witnesses later. Even though you were an Uber rider or passenger and you weren’t driving, those witnesses can make a difference when it comes to determining who is at fault. The last thing you want to do is be stuck in the middle of two or more negligent drivers all pointing at the other drivers and Uber driver. Remember that you need to be your best advocate until you can get in touch with the best Uber accident attorney you can find for your case.
- Talk to The Police – Make sure the investigating police officer or community service aide knows who you are and that you were an Uber rider or passenger. Ask for the accident crash report number and find out how you can get a copy. Be certain to tell the officer if you are injured in any way. If you need fire rescue after your Uber car crash, ask the investigating officer. Provide all information that the police ask you for.
- Contact a Miami Uber Car Accident Lawyer – If you were hurt in an Uber car crash, you will need the advice and guidance of an experienced Uber car accident and injury attorney. Uber accidents present complicated insurance coverage issues and need to be fully investigated. Uber is supposed to have one million dollars in insurance coverage available to Uber drivers, riders and passengers who are injured in Uber car accidents. But this insurance coverage for Uber and Lyft is in its infancy. Many issues still remain and will likely need to be litigated in the future. So it is best if you reach out to an Uber accident attorney after your accident.
The Uber accident lawyers in Miami at the Wolfson Law Firm are available to help you and your loved ones following your Uber or Lyft car accident. We can investigate the accident and determine who is the responsible driver or drivers. Our Miami serious injury lawyers will hire and work with the necessary experts to prove your case.
Our Miami injury lawyers will gather your medical records and proof of your lost wages and make a demand for settlement of your Uber accident claim. If the insurance company fails to make a reasonable settlement offer, our Miami Uber litigation attorneys will prepare and file a lawsuit on your behalf. Once the lawsuit is filed, our Uber lawsuit lawyers will seek the earliest possible trial date so that your case gets resolved by settlement or jury verdict as quickly as possible within our system of justice.
If you would like to speak with our Uber accident lawyers in Miami, just call (305) 285-1115 to set up your free and confidential consultation. Our Miami Uber injury lawyers serve South Florida including the neighborhoods of Edgewater, Miami Beach, Kendale Lakes, Homestead, North Beach, Midtown, Wynwood, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, Aventura, North Miami, Liberty City, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, and North Miami Beach.