Reckless Driving in Miami
Knowingly operating a car in a manner that disregards the safety of others on the road is considered reckless driving. Car accidents that involve a reckless driver are particularly dangerous as they often are accompanied by high speeds, quick lane changes, weaving in and out of traffic, and a disregard for following the rules of the road. Statistics reveal that 30% of major car accidents across the nation result from reckless driving. Reckless drivers put everyone on the road in danger.
If you or someone you love was hit by a reckless driver, you should consult a personal injury attorney. Reckless driving is a criminal offense in the state of Florida and can pose some unique legal aspects. You can find out what legal options are available to you by speaking with a Miami personal injury attorney from Wolfson & Leon. Our lawyers can evaluate your case and explain what remedies can be pursued. Should they file a case on your behalf, they will represent your interests with the insurance company and negotiate a settlement on your behalf. Wolfson & Leon offers a free consultation. There is no cost to find out what your options are. Call us today at 305-285-1115.What is the Difference between Reckless and Negligent Driving?
Both a reckless driver and a negligent driver operate their car in a way that is not reasonably safe. However, there are two significant differences between the two.
- Intent – While both types of drivers operate their cars in a way where they aren’t exercising reasonable care, the reckless driver shows a blatant disregard for the safety of others. This is often seen in high-speed car chases on the highway or dangerous lane changes. Other people on the road can be put into harm’s way when they encounter a reckless driver.
- Offense – With the high risk of injuries or fatalities, reckless driving is a criminal offense in the state of Florida. On the other hand, negligent or careless driving is a moving violation, carrying significantly fewer penalties.
Wolfson & Leon helps victims who were injured in a car accident caused by a reckless driver. We help our clients in a variety of ways including;
- High-speed car crash injuries caused by a reckless driver in Miami
- Miami lawyer for victim rear-ended by a reckless driver who was following too closely
- A serious car crash caused by a reckless driver fleeing the scene of a crime
- Miami attorney for a victim injured by a driver failing to slow down in a school-zone
- Automobile accident caused by a driver intentionally running a red light in a Miami intersection
- Victim hurt by a driver weaving in and out of rush-hour traffic
- Car accident caused by multiple cars racing on a Miami highway
- Attorney for victim injury by a reckless driver traveling at excessive speeds in a residential neighborhood
- Impaired driver T-bone accident resulting from a failure to stop at a red light
- Miami lawyer for road-rage accident injury
- Pedestrian injured when a reckless driver fails to stop at a crosswalk in Miami
- Impatient driver causing a car crash when failing to yield on a highway onramp
- Miami attorney for a high-speed automobile accident caused by a texting driver
People who are hit by reckless drivers can suffer from serious, even life-threatening, injuries. Extensive injuries can require costly medical treatment, weeks of rehabilitation, and a long recovery period. This can put an extreme financial strain on a family, especially if the injured victim is the primary source of income. If you were injured by a reckless driver, you shouldn’t bear the financial burden that goes along with your recovery. Speak with a bilingual personal injury lawyer in Miami from Wolfson & Leon to find out what your rights are as a victim. We offer a free consultation where we review your case and can answer the questions that you may have.
From our offices in Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Fort Myers, we defend the rights of residents and visitors of the South Florida region. If your family has been impacted by a reckless driving accident injury, contact Wolfson & Leon today at 305-285-1115. We will listen and we can help.