Miami Left-Hand Turn Car Accident Lawyer
When you are seriously hurt in a Miami left-hand turn car accident, it is a good idea to discover your legal rights. We will review your legal claim at the Law Offices of Wolfson & Leon at no charge. If you have questions about pursuing damages or want to know if you have a case, call us today for a free, no-obligation case consultation at 305-285-1115.
Left-hand turns can be extremely dangerous. Drivers must be alert to various factors to tackle left-hand turns safely, especially when crossing a busy intersection. Missteps and failed judgment could cause a severe left-hand turn crash.
Drivers must exercise reasonable care when operating vehicles. A driver not adhering to this responsibility could be found negligent if they cause a left-hand turn crash. You may recover compensation for the damage caused if you suffered extreme injuries caused by a negligent driver making a left turn.
Since 1963, the Miami accident injury lawyers at Wolfson & Leon have defended people seriously hurt in car crashes, slips and falls, and other devastating accidents. Families suffer in the aftermath of a serious left-hand car crash. Even with costly medical treatment and recovery time, the damage caused by a severe left turn crash can stay for the rest of your life.The Dangers of Left-Hand Turns
Many don’t realize how dangerous making a left-hand turn can be. The National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA) reveals that over 22% of car crashes involve left-hand turns.
Whether turning left on a residential street or crossing multiple lanes on a busy road, drivers must stay alert to the conditions around them. Common dangers encountered with left-hand turns include:
- Blocked view – On busy streets with multiple lanes of traffic, a driver's view can be blocked by cars waiting to make left-hand turns on the opposite side of the intersection. A driver may pull far into the intersection to see around the line of sitting cars. Other times, signs or trees can block a driver's view of oncoming traffic.
- Judgment errors – Drivers must judge the speed of oncoming traffic before turning left. A car could be hit if they turn in front of a vehicle moving faster than expected.
- Failure to yield – Not only must drivers keep close tabs on activity moving through the intersection, but they must also be alert to pedestrians and bicycles in crosswalks. A driver could cause significant injury, even death, if they hit people crossing the street.
- Speed – Driver speed is critical when making a left-hand turn. If the driver doesn’t speed up quickly enough, they could be hit by oncoming traffic. Other times, the driver darts across the road excessively to try to beat cars in their path.
- Failure to follow road rules – Unless the intersection has a dedicated left-turn signal, cars making left-hand turns must yield to oncoming vehicles traveling straight.
- Traffic – When one lane of traffic is slow or stopped, a driver may leave enough room open for a car to make a left-hand turn in front of them. While this is a kind gesture, the left-hand turn driver must ensure that all lanes to be crossed are clear. If not, the driver could be hit by a car traveling in a different lane.
Left-hand turn crashes can leave accident victims seriously injured. The jarring impact of the crash may result in traumatic brain injuries, whiplash, and severe neck injuries. Left-hand turn accident victims could experience broken bones, damage to internal organs, spinal cord injuries, or deep lacerations involving nerves, muscles, or tendons.
While not every left-hand turn accident causes devastating injuries, getting checked out after a crash is always a good idea. You may not realize you hit your head or sprained your wrist until hours, even days, later.Miami Left-Hand Turn Accident Law Firm
Negligent actions can change your life in mere seconds. You should immediately protect yourself if you were gravely injured in a Miami left-hand turn car crash. You may need extensive medical care if you suffer severe injury. You may be unable to work while you recover, making it difficult to pay your household bills.
At Wolfson & Leon, we help accident victims get the compensation they need for their medical bills and lost income. We understand the immense pain and frustration accident victims face when badly hurt, and we are here to help.
We encourage you to contact our office today for a free, no-obligation review of your case if you were severely hurt in a Miami left-hand turn crash. You might wonder if you have a case or if your actions played a role in the accident. At Wolfson & Leon, we take the time to review your claim and share possible legal options with you. You shouldn’t have to bear the financial burden when someone else is at fault.
Find out how the Miami left-hand turn crash lawyers at Wolfson & Leon could help by calling 305-285-1115 today.