Miami Intersection Accident Injury Attorney
You should speak with the best Miami car accident attorney you can call as soon as possible if driver negligence caused you injury while traveling through an intersection. Accident victims have rights. Find out your rights to compensation when you have been badly hurt in a Miami intersection accident by calling Wolfson & Leon today at 305-285-1115 for a free legal consultation.
Miami intersections can be dangerous. Speed, directional changes, and multiple lanes of traffic make intersections prone to accidents. Drivers who run red lights, switch lanes while driving through an intersection, or fail to exercise care when making left-hand turns could cause serious, even deadly, car crashes.
You should take quick steps to protect yourself when severely injured in a Miami intersection accident. The monetary impact of a Miami intersection accident can be significant, especially if you suffered permanent or life-altering injuries. Sometimes, the damage is so substantial that you need continuous care and In-home help for the rest of your life. You may not be able to work until you have recovered. And if your injuries are life-altering, it can affect your future earning potential.Why are Miami Intersection Accidents So Dangerous?
Intersections are dangerous places for drivers, pedestrians, and bicyclists. Congestion, speed, blocked views, poor signage, and multiple lanes of traffic are among the dangers people face in and around intersections. The Federal Highway Administration (FHA) reported 10,626 intersection-related fatalities nationwide in 2020. Nearly 67% of these fatalities happen in unsignalized intersections, controlled by stop signs, yield signs, or no regulatory controls.
With total car accident fatalities nationwide at 38,824 in 2020, intersection deaths make up 27%. Intersections pose serious dangers for a variety of reasons:
- Speed – Drivers who speed through intersections could hit other cars as they pull into traffic. A speeding driver who runs a red light or stop sign could cause a severe T-Bone accident if they hit the side of another car traveling through the intersection.
- Unsafe turns – Making a left-hand turn is dangerous, especially if the intersection is busy and has multiple lanes of traffic. A driver may not accurately judge the speed of oncoming traffic and get hit as they make left-hand or U-turns. Drivers making left- or right-hand turns can cause serious injuries if they don’t yield to pedestrians or bicycles in crosswalks.
- Switching lanes – A driver who switches lanes while traveling through an intersection may be hit by another vehicle making a right- or left-hand turn into traffic.
- Blocked view – A busy intersection can block a driver's view of other cars, pedestrians, or bicycles.
- Distractions – A distracted driver may cause serious, even fatal, injuries if they aren’t paying attention. Even if the driver diverts their eyes from the road for just a few seconds, they may not see a car stopped in front of them or a yellow light changing to red until it's too late. If the driver travels fast enough, the vehicle they strike could be hit if pushed into a busy intersection.
Intersection accidents can leave people with devastating, even fatal, injuries. The injuries that result from a serious Miami intersection accident need immediate care. Severe damage to a person's body may require surgery and hospitalization. The devastation caused by a Miami intersection crash can leave you with internal bleeding, extreme damage to your internal organs, loss of limbs, disfigurement, and other life-altering injuries. Sometimes, the damage is so extensive that an accident could permanently change your way of life. You may find yourself in excruciating pain from the accident. You may be unable to work or enjoy the life you once knew.
If driver negligence caused or contributed to your devastating intersection accident, you should speak with a Miami car crash lawyer as soon as possible. The cost of care and loss of income resulting from a severe intersection accident can financially devastate families.
You should immediately protect your family's rights in a serious Miami intersection crash. You may be compensated for the hard costs your family incurs for medical care, continuing treatment, rehabilitation, and specialized equipment needed. And if the damage is extreme and you cannot return to work until you have recovered, you could be compensated for lost income.
In some cases, people seriously hurt in Miami intersection accidents are compensated for the pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and mental anguish they have endured because of the accident.Speak to a Miami Intersection Accident Lawyer
At Wolfson & Leon, we help families piece together their lives after a severe accident. When your family life has been devastated by a Miami car crash, we are dedicated to getting the best settlement possible. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial distress families face when a loved one is gravely injured, and we are here to help.
If your family was seriously injured in a Miami intersection crash, we encourage you to contact us today for a free legal consultation. Share with us the details of the collision, ask questions, and find out what legal remedies may be possible for your situation.
Find out how the Miami intersection crash lawyers at Wolfson & Leon today can help you by calling 305-285-1115 today.