Lane Change Car Accidents
Whenever a car moves from one lane to another, it can pose a danger to others on the road. Statistics show that 7.3% of fatal car crashes in 2017 were the result of drivers failing to stay in their lanes. This percentage jumps up to almost 15% when drivers don’t follow the rules for yielding into or out of traffic.
Drivers who recklessly change lanes or just forget to check their blind spots before making a switch can hit another car, bicycle, pedestrian, or motorcycle. Injuries can range from minor cuts and bruises to those that are more serious, including broken bones, head trauma, or spinal damage. Extensive medical procedures and recovery time may be needed to heal from these injuries. Not only can these be costly, but injured victims may also experience financial hardship if they are unable to work for an extended period of time.
Victims of lane change car accidents may be entitled to monetary damages to help pay for medical bills and lost income. To find out what compensation you may be able to recover, contact a Miami lane change car crash lawyer at the Wolfson Law Firm. Our personal injury attorneys will review your case at no cost to you. We can answer your questions and advise you of the legal remedies that are available. Find out what your rights are today by calling the Wolfson Law Firm at 305-285-1115.Common Causes of Lane Change Accidents
When drivers change lanes in a reckless or negligent manner, it can result in serious injuries to those involved. Some of the most common unsafe lane change crashes are caused by:
- Distracted driving: A driver who is texting, changing stations on the radio, or chatting with other passengers can divert their eyes from the road. This can cause them to drift into another lane and hit another car.
- Speeding: Cars traveling at high speeds may be unable to stop or navigate safely around slower-moving vehicles.
- Impatience: Drivers who switch lanes quickly or weave in and out of traffic can cause accidents if they hit or sideswiped other cars.
- Failure to follow the rules of the road: A driver can cause an accident when they change lanes in an intersection, fail to yield, or don’t check their blind spots.
- Poor weather: In some cases, drivers may slide into another lane if road conditions are slippery or visibility is poor.
Accident victims who were hurt in a lane change car crash in Miami should reach out to the Wolfson Law Firm for help. We work with injured victims in a variety of ways including;
- Miami attorney for lane change crash injury
- Distracted driver lane change crash in Miami
- Lawyer for accident victim injured when hit by a driver switching lanes in an intersection
- Lane change accident resulting from failure to check the blind spot
- Bicyclist hit when side-swiped by a car switching lanes
- Negligent driver hits a car turning into a strip shop parking lot on the right side of the street
- Victim injured when hit by a car changing lanes on a busy Miami highway
- Reckless driving car crash caused by the driver changing lanes erratically
- Miami car accident caused by driver weaving in and out of traffic on a busy road
- Automobile accident resulting from a speeding car swerving into another lane to avoid a car stopped in front of them
- Miami lawyer for a motorcyclist hit when a car changes lanes
- Victim injured when hit by a car changing lanes in Miami
- Lane change crash injury caused by slippery road conditions
The Wolfson Law Firm has defended the rights of car accident victims for over 55 years. If you were hurt in an accident caused by a car changing lanes, you may be able to recover damages to pay for high medical bills and lost wages. To find out what your rights are, speak to a lane change car accident attorney at the Wolfson Law Firm. With offices located in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and Fort Myers, we serve clients throughout South Florida. If you have been injured in a lane change accident, call the Wolfson Law Firm today at 305-285-1115.