Chain Reaction Automobile Accidents
We often hear about the spectacular chain car crashes in the news that involves dozens, perhaps even hundreds, of vehicles sliding about in the wintry weather. While these may seem like an impossibility in Florida, chain reaction car accidents are more common than most of us may think. Statistically, 15% of traffic fatalities throughout the nation result from chain reaction car accidents.
A chain reaction car crash can happen when more than one vehicle is involved in the accident. Dense fog, heavy rain, speed, and negligent driving can cause one car to hit another. The force of the impact can push one or both cars into other vehicles on the road, resulting in multiple cars being hit. Fast speeds, loss of control, and potentially being hit from many directions can cause serious injuries to those involved.
Determining who is at fault in chain reaction car accidents is not always straightforward. Consulting a personal injury attorney can help protect your rights and receive the monetary damages that you need to recover from your injuries. If you were hurt in a chain reaction car crash, you should seek the help of a Miami chain reaction crash attorney. Contact the Wolfson Law Firm today for your free consultation. We will review your case and let you know what legal options may be available to you. Call us today at 305-285-1115.Establishing Liability in a Chain Reaction Car Crash
When multiple cars are involved in a car accident, determining who is at fault isn’t always that cut and dry. While the initial car that caused the accident most likely has liability - what about the other cars involved?
- Cars that are stopped – A car that doesn’t stop soon enough can rear-end the car in front of them. The car that has been hit may rear-end the car in front of them. If that second car was sitting too close to the car in front of them, they could have some liability as they failed to maintain a safe distance.
- Abrupt stop – In some cases, the chain reaction crash may be caused by one car stopping suddenly, causing the vehicles behind them to rear-end each other. One or more drivers could share responsibility in this accident if the abrupt stop was caused by failing to pay attention, brake lights weren’t working, or the other cars were following too close to stop safely.
- Intersections – A car that is pushed into or loses control in an intersection can result in multiple cars being hit. A car may swerve to avoid an impact but can end up hitting another car in the process.
- Highways – High speeds can contribute to a car crash that involves multiple cars. Drivers involved in an accident may lose control and hit other cars on the highway. Or they may swerve out of the way to avoid getting hit and ultimately hit another car or object.
Chain reaction car accidents are particularly dangerous as victims can be hit from multiple directions. This can result in serious, even fatal, injuries to those involved. The Miami car accident lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm work with accident victims to help them recover the monetary damages they need to pay for expensive medical bills and to replace wages lost during their recovery. Our personal injury lawyers work with accident victims in a variety of ways such as;
- Miami attorney for victim injured in a chain reaction car crash
- Hazardous weather chain reaction automobile accident in Miami
- Lawyer for victim hurt in a rear-end chain reaction car accident in Miami
- Victim injured in a Miami multi-car crash caused by a driver’s failure to yield when getting onto a highway
- Dangerous chain reaction car crash caused by a driver being hit while making a left turn at a Miami intersection
- Multiple victims injured in a deadly multi-car pileup on a Miami highway
- Miami attorney for automobile accident resulting from a high-speed chase down a residential street
- Miami lawyer for victims injured in a chain reaction automobile accident on the highway
- Multi-car crash resulting from wet roadway conditions in Miami
- Miami chain reaction car accident caused by a distracted driver pushing a stopped car into a busy intersection
- Victim injured when swerving to avoid a car running a red light
- Lawyer for Victim Injured in a Chain Reaction Car Accident
The Wolfson Law Firm represents accident victims who were injured in multi-car crashes. Chain reaction accidents can have multiple parties at fault. Consulting a personal injury lawyer can help you to navigate through the complexities of a multi-car crash case and help you to recover the monetary damages you need.
With offices located in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and Fort Myers, the Wolfson Law Firm helps accident victims throughout South Florida. Call us today for your free consultation at 305-285-1115.