Back Over Car Accidents
Backover car accidents are more common than we think. According to the National Highway Safety Transportation Administration, there are over 500,000 backover accidents in the United States every year. Over 200 people lose their lives and another 15,000 are injured when they are hit by a car going in reverse.
Due to their small size, children make up a disproportionate number of accident victims. Statistics reveal that an estimated 50 children are hit or run over by cars going in reverse on a weekly basis. Children that are playing in a driveway, walking on a sidewalk, or riding their bikes can be hit if a car doesn’t see them when backing out. They can experience extreme injuries if they are crushed by the weight of the vehicle. These types of accidents can change the course of their lives, as they can sustain internal damage to their organs, head trauma, or damage to their spinal cord or limbs.
If your family is the victim of a backover accident, you should seek the help of a Miami back over car accident lawyer. Injuries of this nature may require multiple surgeries, extensive medical treatment, and long-term continuing care. Most families cannot afford this on their own. Our personal injury attorneys can assess the merits of your family’s case and let you know what options are available to recover damages. For a free evaluation of your case, contact Wolfson & Leon at 305-285-1115 today.The Dangers of Large Vehicles
The popularity of larger vehicles has increased the chance of backover accidents over the years. The height and length of minivans, sport utility vehicles, and pick-up trucks create more blind-spot areas for the driver, making it harder for them to see objects when they are going in reverse. Even with rear-view mirrors and backup cameras, there is still a greater risk of hitting a person or a car when these vehicles are backing up.How can a Miami Backover Attorney Help You?
If your family has been impacted by a car backover injury, your focus should be on recovery and rehabilitation. These injuries can be extensive and require medical treatment and time to recover. But if you are struggling to pay for the high cost of medical procedures and surgery, you may be inclined to settle quickly and get it over with.
A quick settlement is not your best interest. Insurance companies often try to limit their payouts by settling fast before you can fully assess the true impact of your injuries. Settling on your own can hurt you financially if the monetary damages aren’t enough to pay for the treatment you need. A Miami back over car accident lawyer is skilled in these areas and can help to assess the compensation you need to pay for current and future medical services. They can help you get the settlement you need to make a full recovery. They work with insurance companies on your behalf, letting you focus on what’s most important – getting better.
Wolfson & Leon fights for the rights of accident victim’s injury when a car backs over them in a variety of ways such as;
- Attorney for victim injured in a car backover accident in Miami
- Miami car backover accident caused by a driver not checking their blind spots
- Pedestrian injury caused by a car backing out into a sidewalk in Miami
- Shopping mall car backover accident injury in Miami
- Miami victim permanently injured when crushed by a car backing out of a grocery store parking lot
- Distracted driver backing over kids playing in the street in Miami
- Lawyer for car backover crush injury accident in Miami
- Child severely injured when backed over by a car in Miami
- Bicyclist injured when hit by a car backing out of a driveway without looking
- Head trauma injury resulting from a backover car crash in a Miami convenience store
- Spinal cord injury when crushed by a car backing out in Miami
- Fatal injury caused by a car backing over a child playing in a Miami driveway
- Negligent driver causing injury to a child when backing out of a parking spot in a grocery store
With the high chance of children being injured by a car backing out of a driveway or parking spot, backover car accidents can be devastating to families. Injuries can be severe and take weeks, even months, to recover from. If you were impacted by a car backover accident, you should speak with the personal injury lawyers at Wolfson & Leon. They offer a free consultation where they can answer your questions and advise you of legal remedies that may be available.
Wolfson & Leon has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, and Fort Myers and serves clients throughout South Florida. If you or your family has been impacted by a car backover accident, call us today at 305-285-1115.