North Miami Personal Injury Law Firm
The area now known as North Miami was originally established in 1891 in the Arch Creek location, an area that had previously been inhabited by Indians. In this remote location, Mr. Ihle grew crops for several years, including squash, bananas, pineapples, apples, tomatoes, and shallots. In the early 1900s, the railroad provided a means to deliver fruits and vegetables that were farmed. By 1912, almost 20 homes, a general store, and two tomato packing businesses were located near the railroad. Farming continued to be the primary business until 1924 when the Biscayne Canal was dug, which removed moisture from the soil and significantly impacted the farming community. However, this brought North Miami to the next step in their growth, land sales and development.
The city of North Miami was incorporated in 1926 under the name of the Town of Miami Shores. Soon, the city began to build infrastructure, including streets and sidewalks. When the hurricane of 1926 hit, the community was damaged and lot sales slowed significantly. Even after the town recovered, lot sales remained slow. In 1931, the Shoreland Company, a real estate development company, had been building homes in the Miami Shores Village area. Due to the closeness of the name, Shoreland successfully petitioned the state of Florida to disallow the name "Town of Miami Shores." The residents then settled on the name "Town of North Miami".
North Miami did not see significant growth until after World War II, when many veterans returning from the war settled in North Miami with their families. The town experienced astronomical growth, being the fastest growing town in the US for 1951. Growth continued as new homes, commercial and office buildings, schools, and roads were constructed. In 1953, the residents voted to change the name to the City of North Miami.
North Miami has a population of 62,158. Of its residents, 59.2% are African American or of island descent. The remaining population is 26.3% Hispanic and 11.1% white. The median household income is $37,490 and the median property value is $157,900. Approximately 46% of the population is employed, commuting an average of 29.7 minutes to work each way. Of the population, 24.2% is considered to be living below the poverty line.North Miami Personal Injury Attorney
The North Miami personal injury lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm often serve their clients in many ways, including;
- North Miami car accident injury attorney
- Wrongful death lawyer in North Miami
- North Miami distracted driver automobile accident injury lawyer
- Slip and fall accident injury lawyer in North Miami
- North Miami dangerous injury accident lawyer
- Left-hand turn automobile accident lawyer in North Miami
- North Miami intoxicated driver car crash attorney
- Uber car crash lawyer in North Miami
- North Miami Lyft automobile accident attorney
- Trip and fall accident lawyer in North Miami
- North Miami defective product liability accident attorney
- Medical malpractice lawyer in North Miami
- North Miami pedestrian accident lawyer
- Defective product injury attorney in North Miami
- North Miami medical malpractice lawyer
- Parking lot car accident attorney in North Miami
- North Miami premises liability accident attorney
- Motorcycle accident attorney in North Miami
- North Miami large truck collision attorney
- Escalator trip and fall accident lawyer in North Miami
- North Miami elevator slip and fall injury attorney
Since 1963, the North Miami personal injury lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm have defended the rights of victims who have sustained injuries as the result of an accident. Those who are injured often have questions about paying for medical bills, repairing damaged property, or recovering lost wages. We can answer your questions and help you through the process of seeking compensation for damages. The lawyers at Wolfson Law Firm are dedicated to helping clients receive the compensation they deserve to recover from their injuries and get their lives back on track.
We proudly serve clients in the city of North Miami, as well as the surrounding communities of Biscayne Park, North Miami Beach, Opa Locka, Sunny Isles Beach, Golden Glades, and Pinewood. If you or someone that you love has been the victim of an accident, contact the lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm at 305-285-1115 for a free consultation. The attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm can guide you through your claim and help you to get back on the path of recovery.