North Miami Beach Personal Injury Law Firm
The area known as North Miami Beach was originally called Fulford. It was named after William H. Fulford, who discovered the area while he was on Coast Guard patrol and purchased 160 acres. This land was later sold to Lafe Allen in 1912 who, with a partner, acquired over 557 acres. Both had the vision to build the perfect city, which had over 80 foot wide streets in residential areas and 100 to 125 foot wide thoroughfares within their business districts. Much of these plans were carried and can be seen today in the design of the city today. Under the direction of the Florida Cities Finance Company, North Miami Beach grew considerably between 1924 and 1926, adding a radio station, a newspaper, and Chamber of Commerce. Carl Fisher brought the vision of racing to North Miami Beach, building the first wooden boardtrack called the Fulford-Miami Speedway, attracting 20,000 visitors each year. Unfortunately the 1926 hurricane devastated the area, destroying the track and radio station. The citizens banded together to incorporate in 1927 as the City of Fulford, which was later renamed to North Miami Beach in 1931.
With beach property annexed into the city and the name change, this allowed the city to attract residents and continue to rebuild and grow. Completion of state road 826 in 1951 continued to bring new residents and businesses to the community. North Miami Beach is also home to a Spanish Monastery, a popular wedding spot. Built in 1141, the Monastery was purchased by William Randolph Hearst, which was then shipped from Spain, piece by piece, and reassembled in its current location in North Miami Beach in the 1950s. In the decades that followed, new infrastructure, neighborhoods, parks, and commercial property were developed.
Currently, North Miami Beach has a population of 43,722. The population is racially mixed, as over 40% of its residents are African American, 36% are Hispanic, and 19% are white. The median household income is $38,058 and the median property value is $155,800. Over 47% of the population is employed, commuting an average of 31 minutes to work each way. 22.2% of the residents of North Miami Beach are considered to be living below the poverty line, which is higher than the national average of 14%.North Miami Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
The North Miami Beach personal injury attorneys at Wolfson & Leon work with their clients in many ways, including;
- North Miami Beach motor vehicle accident attorney
- Wrongful death attorney in North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach distracted driver car crash accident injury lawyer
- Slip and fall accident injury attorney in North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach dangerous intersection car crash accident lawyer
- Left-hand turn automobile accident lawyer in North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach intoxicated driver car crash attorney
- Uber car crash lawyer in North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach trip and fall accident attorney
- North Miami Beach defective product liability accident attorney
- Medical malpractice attorney in North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach pedestrian accident lawyer
- Defective product injury attorney in North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach medical malpractice lawyer
- Parking lot car crash accident injury attorney in North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach premises liability accident attorney
- Motorcycle accident attorney in North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach large truck collision attorney
- Escalator trip and fall accident lawyer in North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach elevator slip and fall injury attorney
For over 55 years, the North Miami Beach personal injury attorneys at Wolfson & Leon have represented victims who have been injured in accident. If you or a loved one has been injured as the result of an accident, contact the personal injury lawyers at Wolfson & Leon for a free consultation. Our clients have often sustained injuries resulting from motor vehicle crashes, product defects, slips, trips, and falls, or medical malpractice and are unsure what to do. We can answer your questions about paying for medical treatment, long-term care, lost wages, and property damage. The lawyers at Wolfson & Leon are dedicated to helping clients receive the compensation they deserve to recover from their injuries and get back on the path to recovery.
Wolfson & Leon proudly serves clients in the city of North Miami Beach, as well as the surrounding cities of Biscayne Park, North Miami, Golden Glades, Opa Locka, Pinewood, and Sunny Isles Beach. If you or a loved one has been the victim of an accident, contact the lawyers at Wolfson & Leon at (305) 285-1115 for a free consultation.