Naples Personal Injury Law Firm
Why contact a Naples personal injury law firm? The Naples personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm serve their clients in many ways. Accident victims often seek our services for the following;
- Naples wrongful death personal injury accident attorney
- Slip and fall personal injury accident lawyer in Naples
- Naples car crash accident personal injury attorney
- Pedestrian accident personal injury lawyer in Naples
- Naples premise liability personal injury attorney
- Medical malpractice personal injury lawyer in Naples
- Naples boating accident personal injury attorney
- Texting and driving accident injury lawyer in Naples
- Naples defective product personal injury attorney
- Bus accident personal injury accident lawyer in Naples
- Naples workplace injury personal injury lawyer
- Bicycle accident personal injury lawyer in Naples
- Rear-end highway car crash attorney in Naples
If you have been injured in an accident through no fault of your own, you may be wondering if you have a case. If you have questions about filing a personal injury case, contact the Wolfson Law Firm at 239-777-9954 for a free consultation.Naples
Once inhabited by the Caloosa Indians, the first known settlers to come to the Naples area were Roger Gordon and Joe Wiggins in the latter part of the 1860s. Located on the Gulf of Mexico, Naples’ warm weather, beautiful ocean views, and abundant fishing and wildlife soon became the topic of newspaper and magazine stories. Drawing similarities with the beauty of the bay in Naples, Italy, promoters coined the name “Naples” for this up and coming Florida destination. The promotion worked. Civil War-era General John Williams was drawn to the scenic ocean views and white sand beaches, as well as the other recreational activities. Partnering with Kentucky-resident Walter Haldeman, they created the Naples Town Improvement Company with plans to build a winter community. They purchased almost all of the land that is now known to be Naples and constructed the Naples Hotel and a 600 foot pier, as well as several homes.
The Naples Hotel was built in 1888. This quaint hotel had 16 rooms and was built from pine that was native to the area. Upon the original opening of the hotel in 1889, the first person to sign the guestbook was Rose Cleveland, the sister of President Grover Cleveland. Those who enjoyed fishing and hunting set in a tropical paradise were drawn to the area. Soon, the hotel was frequented by many famous people including Thomas Edison, Greta Garbo, Harvey Firestone, and Gary Cooper. The popularity of the hotel and the appeal of the natural habitat attracted many to visit, and even relocate to, the Naples area.
The partnership was short-lived. The Naples Town Improvement Company hit hard times and was sold at an auction. It was subsequently acquired in full by Haldeman as a means to recover his initial investment. While Naples’ natural habitat continued to bring visitors to the area, it was not until Haldeman’s son-in-law, Edward Crayton, became involved that the city began to experience some growth. Crayton eventually acquired all of Haldeman’s holdings and proceeded to build infrastructure throughout the city. Crayton brought in electricity, paved roads, and a train system. It was during this time that the Tamiami Trail was completed, establishing a connection between the east and west coast of Florida. Finally, Crayton was instrumental in the construction of a series of canals and channels, which help to regulate and manage water, as well as create more usable land that could be sold.
Canals and channels had the greatest impact on the growth of Naples, until Hurricane Donna hit in 1960. While the initial devastation brought by the hurricane devastated the town, insurance proceeds began to pour in to rebuild the homes and structures within the city. As a result, Naples experienced a period of high growth as the funds provided jobs, which attracted many people to relocate to the area. Naples experienced another period of high growth in the 1980s when golf resorts and hotels were constructed as an effort to attract high-end executives, retirees, and other tourists to the area.
Today, Naples is known as a retirement and second-home community, as the average median age of its residents is 65.3 years old. The population of Naples is 20,980. It is less racially mixed than other areas of Florida as over 90% of the residents are white. Being one of the wealthiest cities in the country, the median household income is $84,830 and the median property value is $770,000. Less than 9% of the population lives below the poverty level.
The city of Naples continues to attract an average of 1.8 million tourists each year to its beach resorts and hotels, as well as nearby restaurants and shopping. For those who enjoy the outdoors, Naples offers several botanical gardens, nature and wildlife preserves, as well as the numerous beach activities. In addition to its white sandy beaches, the city is known for its high-end golf resorts, hotels, shopping, and restaurants. Naples also offers the natural beauty of the Everglades, with its nature and land preserves, botanical gardens, and wildlife refuge. Naples offers residential neighborhoods, parks, cultural centers, and is home to the Naples Zoo.Naples Boating Accident Personal Injury Attorneys
Florida’s Paradise Coast, which includes Naples, Marco Island, and Everglades City, sees over 1.8 million tourists each year. For the tourists that visit the region to go boating on the Gulf of Mexico or on one of the many lakes in the area, the Paradise Coast is the place to be. Each year, thousands of boats can be found on the open seas. Boating can be a relaxing way to enjoy a sunny day, travel up and down the coast, or find the perfect fishing spot. As relaxing as this sounds, many hazards exist that can lead to injuries. Some of the most common causes of accidents include;
- Driver experience - Operating a boat safely takes practice. While some boat drivers are highly experienced and drive their boat on a regular basis, others are limited to a few times a year. As a result, boat accidents can occur when drivers do not have enough experience pulling into docks, operating around other boats, or driving in rougher seas.
- Not paying attention – By its nature, the rhythm and the openness of the water can be deceptively relaxing to a boat operator, causing them to take their focus off of their vessel and their surroundings. This can lead to accidents if the driver hits a swimmer, another boat, or a structure.
- Speed – Similar to driving, going excessive speeds can cause accidents. Boat operators can easily hit other people, piers, buoys, or other boats if they are going too fast to see them or are unable to slow down safely.
- Intoxication – Operating a car or boat while intoxicated is illegal, however there is far less monitoring of alcohol on the open seas. The warm, relaxing environment is often synonymous drinking, which can impair boat operators, which can lead to accidents.
- Not following the rules – Roadways have rules that automobile drivers are expected to adhere to. Along that vein, boaters are required to follow the rules that govern operating a boat in a body of water. Operators who violate rules, such as speeding, intoxication, or other safety requirements, can injure others.
If you have been injured in a boating accident, contact the personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm. They will review the circumstances of your accident and discuss your options, whether you were the operator or passenger on the boat. Many factors may have contributed to the accident, such as the person driving, adherence to boating regulations, the existence of debris or structures in the water, as well as the extent of the injuries. Understand your rights if you’ve been injured in a boating accident by contacting the personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm. As an accident victim, you have rights. If you have questions about your accident and would like to speak to our Naples motor vehicle accident attorneys, contact the Wolfson Law Firm at 239-777-9954 for a free consultation.Naples Personal Injury Law Firm
The Wolfson Law Firm provides personal injury legal services to residents in Naples and the surrounding communities of Everglades City, Marco Island, Immokalee, and Golden Gate. If you were the victim of any form of accident, contact the Naples personal injury lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm at 239-777-9954 for help.