Miami Gardens Burn Injury Lawyer
If you've suffered from a severe burn injury in an accident, getting legal help may be critical to recovering the damages you need to pay for your medical treatment. Reach out to the Miami Gardens personal injury lawyers at Wolfson & Leon for help. Our legal team is dedicated to helping burn accident victims of accidents recover compensation to pay for costs associated with their injury. Contact Wolfson & Leon today to find out how we can help you. For your free consultation, call us today at (305) 285-1115.
With an estimated 486,000 people suffering from painful burns every year, these injuries are more common than we think. They may be caused by car accidents, chemical spills, or when the skin comes in contact with abrasive materials. Skin injuries may require extensive and costly medical care and rehabilitation.Type of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can be some of the most painful injuries anyone can endure. Multiple factors may cause burn injuries. These include:
- Thermal burns – These are caused when the skin touches a hot object such as scalding liquid, steam, hot metal, or flames. The high temperature causes skin cells to die.
- Friction burns – When skin rubs against an abrasive, hard object, it can scrape it off. Friction burns are common in automobile and motorcycle accidents if a person comes in contact with the road or another hard surface.
- Chemical burns – Harsh chemicals, such as solvents and detergents, can cause burns if a person’s skin comes in contact.
- Electrical burns – Skin that touches an electrical current may be burned. Exposed wires or outlets may result in electrocution and damage a person's skin. These burns may also result from defective products wired improperly.
- First-degree burns are relatively minor. They can typically be treated at home. These burns cause the skin to become red and irritated. It might take a few weeks to recover from these injuries fully.
- Deeper burns that damage multiple layers of your skin need immediate medical treatment. The skin has a charred or black look. Damage at this level may reach beyond just the skin and impact a person's organs or bodily functions.
Miami Gardens is a residential community in Miami-Dade County with a population of just over 107,000 people. The average age of residents living in Miami Gardens is 35.7 years old, which is lower than in other cities in Florida. The average household income is $55,119, and the poverty rate is 20.95%. There are plenty of stores, restaurants, and parks in the city for people to enjoy. Miami Gardens is home to such attractions as Dolphin Stadium and Sun Life Stadium.Miami Gardens Personal Injury Law Firm
If you were severely injured from an accident that was not your fault, you might be able to recover money to pay for expensive medical treatment and your continuing health needs. If your injury impacts your ability to make a living now or in the future, compensation may be available. And if you endure emotional pain and suffering, especially if the damage alters your appearance, it may be possible to receive money for counseling and other emotional support. Speaking with an attorney specializing in personal injury cases can help you recover the monetary damages you may be entitled to.
The Miami Gardens personal injury attorneys at Wolfson & Leon are here to help burn victims get their lives back on track. If you were deeply burned in an accident and want to know what rights you have, contact us for a free consultation. We review your case, answer questions, and discuss what choices you may have. And if you have a claim, our personal injury lawyers work on a contingent-fee basis. Accident victims pay no legal fees unless their case settles. This helps people get the legal help they deserve without worrying about fees they can't pay for.
To learn what your next steps are when you've been hurt, call Wolfson & Leon today at (305) 285-1115.