Florida Resort Accident Injury Lawyer
When your life is impacted by a Florida resort accident, you should speak with Wolfson & Leon as soon as possible. Our best Florida resort accident lawyers tirelessly pursue justice for people seriously hurt. Find out how Wolfson & Leon can help if you were injured at a Florida resort by calling 305-285-1115 today.
Resorts offer a luxurious way to escape everyday life. These high-end vacation spots may be near pristine beaches or golf courses. Resorts offer many amenities, including spas, pools, restaurants, and bars on the property.
Even the most luxurious resort isn’t without its dangers. Accidents can happen around the resort’s pools, hot tubs, golf courses, guest rooms, and common areas. If you are seriously hurt, the damage caused by a Florida resort accident can change the course of your life. Your injuries may need extensive medical care and recovery time. If the damage is severe, you may be unable to work until you have recovered.Is a Resort Liable for an Accident?
A resort is legally obligated to provide a safe facility for its guests. Resort management must take steps to keep their property safe and avoid accidents. When known dangers cannot be remedied in a reasonable amount of time, resort employees should take steps to notify their guests of the hazards. However, a resort’s responsibility doesn’t end with known hazards. Instead, the resort is also responsible for identifying and fixing potential risks before they cause an accident.
A resort may be liable if an accident results from management failing to take appropriate steps to keep their property safe from known and unknown hazards. If you suffer severe injuries as a result, you can be compensated.
Some of the most common Florida resort accidents include:
- Slips and falls on slick floors or walkways.
- Escalator or elevator accidents
- Falls due to broken or worn railings on staircases or in showers.
- Lack of secure enclosures around pools or hot tubs
- Parking lot trips and falls.
- Slips and falls on wet bathroom floors or showers without suitable non-slip surfaces.
- Drowning in pools or hot tubs
- Falling objects
- Criminal activity in parking lots or garages with dim or broken lighting
- Electrocution or burns caused by faulty wiring.
- Distinct types of flooring are used throughout the hotel lobby, hallways, and rooms.
- Broken or unsafe furniture in hotel rooms or public areas
- Pedestrians may be hit by drivers whose view is compromised by overgrown trees or shrubs, poorly placed signs, or dim lighting at night.
- Falls due to broken pool ladders or stairs
If you stay at a golf resort, you could be hurt when management doesn’t take appropriate steps to ensure safety. People can be seriously injured on a golf course that isn’t properly maintained or has overgrown foliage or signs that block a golfer’s view.What to Do When Injured at a Florida Resort
If you were seriously hurt staying at a Florida resort, seek immediate medical care. Other key steps to take when seriously injured at a Florida resort include:
- Report the accident to the resort manager or employee in charge.
- Make copies of any reports filled out by resort staff documenting your accident.
- When possible, take quick steps to preserve the accident scene. Take videos or pictures of the accident and the resulting damage. Be sure to get photos or videos of anything that may have caused or contributed to the accident. It is also helpful to take pictures from different angles and distances.
- Write down names and contact details for anyone you spoke with or anyone who saw the accident.
A resort may be negligent if they don’t take adequate steps to ensure your safety. If you suffered extensive injuries caused by their negligence, you could be compensated for your medical care, pain and suffering, and lost income. Find out your legal rights by calling Wolfson & Leon today at 305-285-1115.Should I Call a Florida Resort Accident Lawyer?
Sometimes, guests fail to pursue their legal options when hurt at a Florida resort. They may be embarrassed if they feel clumsiness or lack of attention caused the accident. Guests may not realize they have rights when badly hurt in a Florida resort. Or a guest may avoid legal remedies because they think they cannot afford it.
Other times, a guest may not seek legal advice because the resort made a settlement offer. When you are hurt and struggling financially, a quick settlement may be music to your ears. But if you do not know or understand your legal rights, you could accept a settlement far less than you deserve.
The Florida personal injury lawyers at Wolfson & Leon have fought for the rights of people seriously hurt in Florida resort accidents since 1963. We vigorously pursue justice on behalf of our clients. Our best Florida resort accident lawyers help build a defensible case and fight for the best settlement possible.
Wolfson & Leon has offices located in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Cape Coral, Hialeah, and West Palm Beach. We invite you to call us for a free, confidential case consultation. Whether you want to find out if you have a case or have questions about what legal remedies might be available, we can help. Learn more by calling Wolfson & Leon today on 305-285-1115.