Falmouth Jamaica Cruise Passenger Accident Lawyer
Taking a cruise removes the stress of planning vacations for many of us. You can spend time together by the pool, catch a show, or enjoy plenty of outdoor activities in one place. Many ships have family-friendly activities to keep the kids happy while parents can relax in the sun. Even a picky eater will find something tasty on the ship's elaborate buffets.
While a cruise makes a great family vacation or a couple’s getaway, these massive ships aren’t without their dangers. In fact, many accidents that could happen on land can also occur on a cruise ship. A cruise can pose hazards to passengers when you factor in the ship's navigational changes and constant movement.
Whether you were severely hurt at the pool on a Celebrity cruise, injured on a rock-climbing wall on a Royal Caribbean ship, or slipped and fell on the steps of a Carnival Cruise Line ship, you need to speak with a Miami cruise line injury lawyer as soon as possible. Deadlines for filing a claim against the cruise line are typically limited to one year after the accident has occurred. When you wait too long or don’t follow the proper steps to filing a claim, you could lose out on the compensation you may have been entitled to. Find out how the maritime lawyers at Wolfson & Leon may be able to help by calling 305-285-1115 today.Falmouth Jamaica Cruise Injury
Many cruise line itineraries include a stop at Falmouth port. Passengers can take in the historical charm of the port as they stroll down cobblestone-paved streets. The port has many shops with Jamaican-themed apparel, jewelry, and paintings. Or take a walking tour outside the port to experience the rich architecture of Georgian-style homes and buildings in the town. Book a rafting trip on the Martha Brae River for passengers seeking a little adventure or visit the crocodiles at the Swamp Safari.
Some of the most common accidents happen as passengers move about the ship.
- Decks that are slick from spilled drinks, rain, or splashing waves from the ocean may cause a passenger to slip and fall.
- Passengers may become sick if buffet lines have food that was not adequately prepared or stored.
- Changes in flooring or protruding thresholds may result in a trip and fall accident.
- Passengers may slip and fall on staircases if the steps are wet or have missing or broken handrails.
- Sudden navigational changes may cause passengers to lose their footing and fall.
- Slips and falls around pools and hot tubs if the steps or ladders are slick or the surrounding walkways are wet.
- Bathroom floors that become wet from leaking toilets or sinks.
- Passengers may fall on staircases if the steps have varying lengths and widths.
- Cruise ship elevators that don’t open flush to the floor may cause someone to trip and fall.
- Passengers may fall victim to assault or battery crimes committed by crew members or other passengers.
Navigating your legal options when you have been hurt on a cruise ship is not straightforward. Personal injury laws typically do not apply when injured on a cruise ship. Instead, these accidents usually fall under maritime law. In addition, your ability to recover damages is spelled out by the contract you signed when taking the cruise.
A Miami personal injury lawyer specializing in maritime law is a skilled professional who can defend your rights against the cruise line. At Wolfson & Leon, we spend the time listening to your side of the story. We review the terms of your contract, waiver, and other relevant documents to help you determine if you have a viable claim. Should you choose to pursue legal action, our Miami cruise ship accident lawyers can help build your case and file your claim in the appropriate jurisdiction.
If you were badly hurt on a Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Carnival, Norwegian Cruise Line, or any other cruise ship, you could find out what rights you may have to compensation when you call Wolfson & Leon today. We review your claim at no charge and let you know what legal options may be available to you. Find out how the Miami cruise ship accident lawyers at Wolfson & Leon may be able to help you by calling 305-285-1115 today.