Edgewater Uber Accident Lawyer
Located on Biscayne Bay, Edgewater is an upscale neighborhood in Downtown Miami. Recently, the neighborhood has experienced considerable growth with new apartments, homes, and buildings being constructed to meet the demand. Edgewater is an attractive community for many that work in Downtown Miami due to its laid-back style and short commute.
Uber and other ride-sharing companies have revolutionized the way people travel. Customers can schedule and pay for a ride all by using an app on their phone. People looking to make a little extra money can become an Uber driver if they qualify.
While Uber seems like a win-win for just about everyone, challenges can arise in the event of a car accident. Uber drivers aren’t technically employees of the company, so when they get into an accident, it may be difficult to determine who is responsible to pay for damages. Due to these complexities, it is important to consult a Miami Uber car accident lawyer if you were hit by an Uber driver or are the passenger in an Uber car.
If you were the passenger in an Uber car that involved in a car accident or were hit by an Uber car, you should speak with a Miami personal injury attorney at Wolfson & Leon. We offer a free consultation where our attorneys will review the specifics of your case, answer your questions, and advise you of what legal options may be available. You can speak to an attorney today by calling (305) 285-1115.Why Call a Miami Uber Car Crash Lawyer?
If you were hurt as the result of an Uber driver, speaking to a personal injury attorney can help you to recover the monetary damages that you are entitled to. Uber accidents pose a unique situation in that the drivers are not employees of Uber and have their own insurance policies. In addition to the driver’s policy, Uber supplements this with a $1 million policy.
Some key facts to note for a victim injured by an Uber driver:
- If the Uber driver is using their car for personal reasons, their automobile insurance coverage will apply
- An Uber driver that has the app on and is actively looking for a fare, Uber may cover up to $50,000 per injury with an overall cap of $100,000, in addition to any coverage that may be available under the driver’s personal policy.
- If the Uber driver has a paying passenger in their car at the time of the accident, the company’s $1 million policy will kick in.
Seeking the help of a personal injury attorney can help to determine how much compensation you are entitled to. They can also advise you of the legal options that might be available, since filing a lawsuit does require that your injuries are serious.
The Uber personal injury attorneys at Wolfson & Leon defend the rights of victims who were injured in car accidents. We help victims who have been hurt by;
- Edgewater Uber car crash accident on a busy highway
- Lawyer for victim hurt when hit by a car running a red light in Miami
- Automobile accident caused by a car failing to merge properly onto a busy Miami highway
- Miami lawyer for an injury sustained in a rear-end car crash
- Distracted driving serious car crash in Miami
- Attorney for a car crash caused by a teen driver in Edgewater
- Severe injury caused by the failure of a driver to check their blind spots before changing lanes on a busy highway
- Edgewater motorcyclist injured when a car changes lanes
- Lawyer for pedestrian hurt while waiting at a corner to cross the street
- Miami bicyclist injured when a car cuts them off when making a right-hand turn
- Sideswipe injury crash in a Miami residential neighborhood
- Wrongful death injury claim resulting from a motorist hitting another car while running a red light at a high speed
- Careless motorist causing an accident when weaving in and out of traffic on a busy Miami street
If you were hurt in an Uber accident, find out what your rights are by calling the Miami Uber car accident attorneys at Wolfson & Leon today. We offer a free consultation. Legal fees are paid to us out of your settlement, which means you don’t pay us anything unless you are awarded compensation.
With offices located in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and Fort Myers, we proudly represent clients throughout South Florida. If you were injured in an accident involving an Uber driver, call us today at (305) 285-1115.