Bonita Springs Personal Injury Law Firm
Located on the Gulf Mexico and Estero Bay, Bonita Springs’ earliest inhabitants are thought to have lived in the area over 8,000 years ago. Thousands of years later, the Calusa Indians settled in Bonita Springs, living Ponce de Leon arrived in 1513. Subsequent Spanish settlers inhabited the area, bringing with them European diseases that eventually wiped out the tribe. Florida was ultimately ceded to the United States in 1819. Eventually, the Army visited the area in 1870, creating detailed maps of Southwest Florida and pitching their tents along the way. Once they departed from the area, the remaining settlers called the area “Survey”. The area grew slowly, eventually building its post office in 1901 and its first hotel, called the Eagle Hotel, in 1910. As developers began to move in and market plots of land, they changed the name to “Bonita Springs” as a means to improve its marketability. The name was taken from a nearby stream that was considered to have medicinal capabilities. In 1928, Bonita Springs became a stop on the Fort Myers-Southern Railroad, which increased the number of people visiting the area and ultimately contributed to the increased sales of land.
Bonita Springs soon became known for its quirky roadside attractions. Opening up the Everglades Reptile Gardens in 1936, now known as the Everglades Wonder Gardens, curious tourists were drawn to the site that featured native plants and wildlife. The Naples-Fort Myers Greyhound Track was opened in Bonita Springs in 1957. Although it had been briefly incorporated as a city several years earlier, the residents voted to incorporate the City of Bonita Springs in 1999.
Currently, Bonita Springs offers a host of nature preserves and parks, many located in the nearby barriers islands or around the calming Bonita Beach. With many restaurants and shops, as well as outdoor recreational activities and a cultural center, visitors and residents alike have plenty to keep busy.
Bonita Springs has a population of more than 49,000 residents. The racial and ethnic makeup of the population is 72.5% white, 23.9% Hispanic, and 1.48% Asian. This family-friendly city offers multiple residential neighborhoods, schools, and parks. With a median age of 56.3, the area attracts retirees who are drawn to the warm climate and tropical views. Although the area is considered to be affluent, with high-end homes, 14.1% of the population lives below the poverty level with women between the ages of 25 to 54 represent the largest percentage.Why Contact a Personal Injury Attorney?
Accidents are common in our everyday lives. Victims may be injured in accidents that result from slips, falls, and car crashes. Injuries can range from minor to severe, even life-changing, resulting in victims incurred high medical costs and lost wages. If you have been the victim of negligence or intentional acts, contact the Bonita Springs Personal Injury Lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm. If you’ve been injured in an accident that was not your fault, we can help answer your questions about your expenses and damages. Contact the Bonita Springs accident lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm at (239) 777-9954 for a free consultation.Personal Injury Services
Residents of Bonita Springs contact the personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm when they have been injured in an accident. Our Bonita Springs Personal Injury Attorneys serve clients in the capacity of:
- Bonita Springs wrongful death accident attorney
- Slip and fall accident attorney in Bonita Springs
- Bonita Springs car crash injury attorney
- Pedestrian accident personal injury lawyer in Bonita Springs
- Bonita Springs premise liability personal injury attorney
- Medical malpractice personal injury lawyer in Bonita Springs
- Bonita Springs boating accident injury attorney
- Bonita Springs roadway debris car crash injury attorney
- Texting and driving accident lawyer in Bonita Springs
- Bonita Springs defective product injury attorney
- Bus accident injury accident lawyer in Bonita Springs
- Bonita Springs workplace injury lawyer
- Bicycle accident personal injury lawyer in Bonita Springs
- Bonita Springs assault and battery injury attorney
- Rear-end highway car crash lawyer in Bonita Springs
- Bonita Springs dangerous intersection automobile accident attorney
- Trip and fall personal injury attorney for Bonita Springs accidents
- Bonita Springs distracted driver car crash accident and injury lawyer
If you have questions or are wondering if you have a case, contact the Wolfson Law Firm at (239) 777-9954 for a free consultation.Bicycle Accident Personal Injury Attorney
Florida is often a haven for those who enjoy bicycling. Many cities encourage bicycling, either as a form of transportation to work or as a means to relax and take in the sights, by building special bike lanes on their roadways and boardwalks. Cities will even posts signs, notifying motorists to expect bicycles on the road. Bonita Springs has recently undergone efforts to improve the experience and safety for those who bike on the roadways. However, with severe traffic congestion, as well as tourists on the roadways who are unfamiliar with the area, bicycle accidents that are caused by cars will occur even with these protective measures in place.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident involving a car, taking the following steps may be necessary:
- Injuries – Bicycle accidents may appear to be limited to scrapes, road burns, and bruises, giving the appearance that they are minor. However, hitting the pavement or being hit by a car can cause damage that may not be apparent for a few days. Severe scrapes and burns can become infected. It is important to seek medical care, even if your injuries appear to be minor.
- File a police report – if your accident involves a moving vehicle, it is recommended that you contact the police and file a report at the accident site. Important information can be gathered at that time, including contact information, speed, and other factors that may have contributed to the accident.
- Documentation – Be sure to obtain all relevant information at the scene of the accident. This includes the names and phone numbers of the driver, passengers, and any other witnesses. Obtain the insurance information of the driver as well. If possible, take pictures and document the event in writing while it is fresh in your mind.
- Seek legal advice – Injuries sustained in a bicycle accident may be more extensive that they appear on the surface. They may require immediate, as well as longer term medical care and may impact your ability to work. The trauma of being hit by a car may also result in emotional suffering, causing insomnia, anxiety, or other stress. In addition, the damage to your bicycle may render it unusable.
If you’ve been injured in an accident through no fault of your own, contact a Bonita Springs personal injury attorney. Many times, injuries sustained in an accident prevent the victim from working. Victims often incur high medical bills or may be unsure as to how to obtain medical treatment. For injuries that are extensive, continued treatment, rehabilitation, and in-home care may be necessary. Seeking representation early will often assist personal injury victims pursue the compensation they deserve. If you were the victim of any type of Bonita Springs accident, contact the Bonita Springs Personal Accident Attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm at (239) 777-9954 for advice and assistance.Bonita Springs Personal Injury Attorneys
The Bonita Springs Personal Injury Attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm proudly serve the residents of Bonita Springs, as well as the surrounding communities of Estero, Fort Myers, Sanibel, and Marco Island. If you’ve been injured in an accident, contact the Bonita Springs Personal Injury Lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm at (239) 777-9954 for help.